Goat Simulator review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goat Simulator review

Anyone bemoaning the lack of fun in videogames needs to get this. For a measly ?8 you can have a whole world of giggles and up to 4 player split screen.

You play a goat (duh) and it's a bit like Skate/Tony Hawk or Dave Mirra in that apart from hinted objectives, you can do whatever you want in an open world. The aim is to have as much fun as possible by causing mayhem. Headbutt people or objects. Fall over in front of a truck. Climb stuff. Jump on stuff. Lick stuff.

Licking stuff joins your tongue to it - your tongue can reach up to about 20m long heheh. I licked a roller coaster carriage and then got flung around at high speed till I cried with laughter. Yeah, I'm easily pleased...

Loads of power-ups and mutators to be found/used (

double jumps, dragon breath, giraffe, rocket pack etc

).

Points, multipliers, slo-mo, DeadMau5, Raining Goats, goats in space....

For anyone that is easily amused, this is for you. For anyone requiring a deep narrative and bug-free gameplay then don't go near it.... It's simple and shallow.

On the XboxOne feature list: "millions of bugs, but we are leaving them in on purpose because they are funny" - sums it up really.
    Last edited by charlesr; 29-05-2015, 07:54.

What systems is it out for?

Comment

Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, XboxOne

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        For anyone that is easily amused, this is for you.
        That really is me.

We're looking for a 4-player splitscreen game for our next projector night around my mate's.
        I've just bought Black Ops 2, but I think this will elicit more laughs!

I can't get past that ?8 price though...

Comment

If this was on the Gamecube you would have paid ?40 for it.... Hell, you pay ?9 each to watch a film for 2 hours. ?2 each for a couple of hours of splitscreen gaming makes it a bargain.

Comment

Sounds a bit meh!

Comment

^ Hehe! Not baa'd, not baa'd at all. Heard game suffers from performance issues, though...eats up RAM, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                ^ Hehe! Not baa'd, not baa'd at all. Heard game suffers from performance issues, though...eats up RAM, apparently.
                Ewe cracked me up with that one!

I kid you not...

Comment

/ Chortle

I'd buy this if it came to PS4. Sounds like it has a great Katamari-type vibe to it, and the multiplayer sounds awesome.

Comment

I'd buy this if it came to PS4.
                    Not a chance. Microsoft have the exclusive rights after being bought by Billy Gates...

[hide][/hide]

Comment

ENOUGH!!

Comment

Tomato started it! Don't make me the scapegoat!

What do you call an unemployed goat? Billy Idol.

Comment

Carry on with these awful puns and you'll end up the butt of the joke.

Comment

/ Chortle

I'd buy this if it came to PS4. Sounds like it has a great Katamari-type vibe to it, and the multiplayer sounds awesome.
                            I actually thought while I was bouncing around the map that it reminded me of Katamari somehow - not in terms of gameplay but just how you go around ruining everyone's day. It's certainly giving me the horn.

Comment

Take it you saw about the "MMore Goatz" version announced at E3 Charles

All the latest Xbox news and headlines from Pure Xbox, subscribe to our RSS feed or on social media

Comment

Working...
                              X