The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note. I'm so confused.

Two quests I don't know how to complete.

In Ciri's Footsteps -

There are three objectives, Find out if Ciri is in Velen, Novigrad and Skellige. No actual locations or people in particular to speak to. I've been to all three places.

No idea what to do? Is this a glitch?

Family Matters -

Investigate all remaining leads in Velen and find the Baron's wife. Again, no actual locations or people are highlighted for me.

Really confused how to proceed with this too?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on these? And I hope there is a way to complete these quests and they aren't glitched. But either way, this is pretty poor.

Comment

In the foot steps of Ciri is the overall quest. So currently you're in Velen and you're gonna do different story quests there piecing together what happened to Ciri.

Can you elaborate more about the Family Matters quest? Where about in it are you?

Comment

Family matters I think you need to progress with the main quest and it will pan out through the story

Comment

New patch available also increase text size in loot font

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            On another note. I'm so confused.

Two quests I don't know how to complete.

In Ciri's Footsteps -

There are three objectives, Find out if Ciri is in Velen, Novigrad and Skellige. No actual locations or people in particular to speak to. I've been to all three places.

No idea what to do? Is this a glitch?

Family Matters -

Investigate all remaining leads in Velen and find the Baron's wife. Again, no actual locations or people are highlighted for me.

Really confused how to proceed with this too?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on these? And I hope there is a way to complete these quests and they aren't glitched. But either way, this is pretty poor.
            I had this too, its not a mistake just do all of the main quests under that section and you will be fine

Comment

Two more free add-ons, which includes an extra quest in the Skellige Islands.

Discovered it is all very well exploring on the Velen map, but being only Level 5 (even on Easy) has its drawbacks! Managed to avoid death there... so far!

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                I had this too, its not a mistake just do all of the main quests under that section and you will be fine
                Thats really weird. I don't understand why there would be an actual quest line that you don't specifically complete, but just refers to other quests. Pretty confusing!

But thanks for clearing it up for me guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                  Thats really weird. I don't understand why there would be an actual quest line that you don't specifically complete, but just refers to other quests. Pretty confusing!

But thanks for clearing it up for me guys.
                  Yeah its daft, but the other quests give you the answers to the other quest

Comment

@ Rossco

i have just installed the "E3FX" mod and recommend you check it out. no grain spotted, just a nice reshade and contrast enhancement.

the quest "Family matters" is a bit confusing indeed but can be resolved by

just visit the daugter in Oxenfurt and tackling the quest about the 3 witches located in the moor.

Comment

Ooooh so E3FX is really nice. Makes such a difference and alot better than the CineFX shader I was using previously. Good find Uli, cheers!

Can't stop being impressed by this game. The production values are astounding. Every quest has so many lines of dialogue and cut scenes it makes it movie like.

The random weather and time of day still amazes me at times when everything just comes together perfectly to make an amazing looking scene when you are randomly walking through a forest or sailing your boat down a river for instance.

And the atmosphere created in some places is spot on. Some dungeons and buildings can be really creepy but interesting so you want to keep exploring.

I came across a few random places today that had loads of loot. One triggered a nearby Treasure hunt which gave me 7 or 8 chests of pretty decent loot and the other was in a creepy building that had some strange magic going on. I need to go back to investigate another time though as I couldn't work it out. Maybe some ability later helps or even a quest will take me through it.

16 hours in, just hit level 7. No idea how that compares with other people but I won't be putting this away any time soon anyway that's for sure!

Comment

About 17 hours in myself and almost at level 8 so I'd say your about right. Also, just realised how big the world is. It's massive.

Comment

My playtime says 104 hours... I'm fairly certain that isn't right.

Comment

What platform are you playing on? The Xbox One has been pretty good to me. No crashing, no super tinny text and no save errors. The frame rate could do with patching in areas but overall it's been solid. As mentioned, no idea if the Japanese and western builds are the same Base build. Still on version 1.01 here. How about western Xbox One owners?

Comment

PS4, can't say there's been many bugs, slight frame rate issues and the loading. I've read around a little and it's possible the timer continues when the game is paused and even when the console is in rest mode.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                                PS4, can't say there's been many bugs, slight frame rate issues and the loading. I've read around a little and it's possible the timer continues when the game is paused and even when the console is in rest mode.
                                Ah, that would explain it. Might give that a try over 10 minutes to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X