No announcement yet.

The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the controls (PS4), looting can be an absolute pain, especially under water.

Haven't touched this since Friday! Not that I've done much else in the games line, other than some daily catch ups. Will see if I can get any further with my glitches in White Orchard so I can finally clear it. May even hit Level 6!

Comment

Oh yeh I completely forgot about the even worse underwater controls. I still can't get my head around how to just swim forwards without lurching in all directions with a 360 twist in the middle for some reason.

I'm the same though, need a good session on this tonight I think to catch up.

Comment

Playing Xbox here. I changed the sensitivity of the controls in the option screen which helped quite a bit. The underwater sections are still a bit of a pain. It's kind of how I remember Tomb Raider and Burning Rangers being when you had to swim in those games.

Comment

Loading is putting me off.

My game managed to auto save before I died too and I got auto saves where I get hit as soon as it loads up.

I just wanna finish this game on Death March but 73 seconds to load after a death?

Comment

73 second load times!? That is pretty touch. Can you change your drive it's installed on to an SSD? Would definitely make a difference.

Comment

I'm playing on PS4

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                I'm playing on PS4
                Pretty sure you can change drives on all consoles these days no? I've skipped this generation but I know you could do it on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Worth looking into mate and seeing if there's anything you can do.

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware. It's just a big hassle for one game but I guess it's time to at least invest in a hybrid.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                    Loading is putting me off.

My game managed to auto save before I died too and I got auto saves where I get hit as soon as it loads up.

I just wanna finish this game on Death March but 73 seconds to load after a death?
                    There's no way I'm waiting 73 seconds on Xbox for load times. But also in not playing on that difficulty so guess I'm not seeing as much death.

Comment

Only option with the PS4 is to replace the hard disk, though that may not be much of an improvement. At least with the Xbox One you can plug in a USB 3.0 external hard disk which may improve things.

No sign of a key anywhere for a locked chest in a house basement.

Comment

Anyone having a problem on ps4 where the game quits to xmb in error when passing a turn in Gwent?

It's happened to me several times now

Comment

So far the Xbox One version (Japanese release with the Chunsoft/Spike opening) has been solid. 15 hours in and not one glitch yet. Not even the game saving one that people have had. It's still version 1.01 too. Could this build be different than the western release? I doubt it apart from the Chunsoft/Spike opening sequence and the added Japanese voice and text as well as English.
                          Last edited by Yakumo; 25-05-2015, 23:02.

Comment

There as a little card collecting game that u could play before the game was released last wk (on xbox one). Does anyone know if the folk music from that is in the game?, coz it was awesome (Tull fan right here!!)

Comment

yes a solid release on PC too, no crashes or game breaking bugs so far. patch vers. 1.04 was just released and further improves fps and graphics on my GTX 750Ti. i play from SSD and have load times from practically not existent (fast travel) to 10 seconds (game saves).

yes the fiddly controls still suck, precision walking, running and horse riding is a pain. lowering the controller sensivity does help but only so far.

@ Eddie
                              don't you have access to the digital soundtrack? it's free with my standard digital edition from gog.com so i would assume it must be available to everyone for free.

Comment

Okay who decided that for 1.04 patch they would add horrendous grain to the image? It looks terrible now. What the hell have they done!?

Edit: My mistake. It was the SweetFX settings that done it. Seems to have changed drastically since I last used it though so really confused right now.
                                Last edited by Rossco; 26-05-2015, 17:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X