The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
    1.03 went live for PC yesterday. Cutscenes were much smoother and no crashes compared to every session I played prior to that. So hopefully on consoles soon too!
    My PC version was on 1.02 when I left the room when a decision was up. Came back and the game had crashed... Hopefully 1.03 fixes that!

Comment

I've had no crashes yet mate, but 1.03 seems to have solved a few crashing issues people were having elsewhere...

Comment

I seem to have on and off days with this. I sorted the underwater ? today, with the help of the Crossbow. On revisiting locations I found a locked chest and of course had no key. More revisiting tomorrow I suppose. At least I have pretty much completed the White Orchard area now.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
          Just got out of the first area and was surprised how much bigger the 2nd was! Enjoyed it so far even though my Xbox save messed up after 5 hours and I pretty much had to start again! Pretty sure the Xbox sleep mode and quick continue messes up the games save feature and stops you being able to save manually.
          You're not alone

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
            I did the first 2 options they mention and lost hours! Not sure they should be saying that to people!

Since I've turned of game suspend I've not had any problems though.

Has anyone bought the guide ? Just wondering if it's worth it.

Comment

I bought the guide. Not really looked at it in detail. It is a Prima guide so is likely to be fairly good. I tried looking up one of the Treasure Hunts and there was just a short paragraph about it. The main quests are covered in much greater detail. Any questions, I can investigate further.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                I did the first 2 options they mention and lost hours! Not sure they should be saying that to people!

Since I've turned of game suspend I've not had any problems though.

Has anyone bought the guide ? Just wondering if it's worth it.
                I left mine suspended for 37 hours then after reading this thread though "oh crap, I'll have to start again." Luckily that wasn't the case but I'll be closing the game for good each time I finish playing just to be safe.

Comment

i have tackled the first area and think i completed every sidequest from the board except one and leveled to level 3. now in the second area i am presented with quests starting at level 6? have i missed some important stuff?

Comment

I don't think you're supposed to play the game in that fashion completing everything and moving on. I have been wandering the whole map and have quests active that need level 20+ now but I'm only level 6. Just come back to them another time.

Comment

I haven't touched the notice board in the first village yet but already on level 3. Haven't killed the griffin either but did err....

see the dead female griffin

Comment

I think the first area is just to get you to a decent level for the rest of the game. It got me to Level 5. The Crossbow got me through the underwater ? location, though the enemies were higher level than I was. Admittedly I don't like too much of a challenge, so I have the difficulty down. I go for enjoyable rather than challenging.

Comment

Come across my first glitch. No enemies at an abandoned site so can get the area populated

Comment

played about 15 hours now and the sheen is starting wear a little thin, I hope I can make it to the end... I'm just finding the missions a bit samey generally, but I still love the setting and the story.

I dunno if you all are starting to feel the same, gonna keep chugging away at it though, especially as I changed the graphics cards on my system yesterday to 2x Titan X's. Should have never switched to AMD.

Comment

2 Titans! Amazing mate. That must be a joy to game with.

I feel like I'm only getting started at 12 hours in. I removed alot of the HUD items as it was cluttering the screen. Started using a SweetFX preset too which does a good job of toning down the brightness and saturation of the world so the game looks a lot nicer to play now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                                2 Titans! Amazing mate. That must be a joy to game with.

I feel like I'm only getting started at 12 hours in. I removed alot of the HUD items as it was cluttering the screen. Started using a SweetFX preset too which does a good job of toning down the brightness and saturation of the world so the game looks a lot nicer to play now.
                                Yeah man, ultrawide 3k display, ultra settings and 60fps in everything. Nvidia means you get decent after care and driver support. What a horrendous mistake I made with AMD.

Back on topic, played another hour and that fatigue has nulled again due to the story ramping up - plus it's pretty lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X