Disney Infinity 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Infinity 3.0

Linking to Neogaf as it seems Disney have been quick to get the leaked info taken down from most places. Basically this years Disney Infinity release looks to be on the way as expected and the initial information is significantly less Star Wars focused than many expected. The link has leaked images of two of the planned figure releases but the list of characters on the way so far looks set to be:

-Mickey Mouse
    -Minnie Mouse
    -Olaf the snowman
    -Mulan
    -Sam Flynn
    -Quorra
    -The five main emotion characters from Pixar's upcoming film Inside Out

There is word of a Star Wars pack being planned and the new packaging as a space-theme to it but it doesn't look like it will be the main focus, maybe the first expansion set though.

They really need to do more playsets.

I'm all over the Mulan figure though. I dunno about buying the game.

Comment

Out of interest, how does the Disney Infinity game "work"?

I've never been that interested before, but I picked up the Iron Man Hulkbuster figure in a special offer at a shop (it was very cheap and a nice figure, so I got it just to go on a shelf).

From what I understand, it's an action game of sorts? With a kind of LittleBigPlanet mode? Are there any differences between the different platforms? (i.e. is the PS4 game the same as the WiiU)

I seem to remember hearing also that the characters can't be used in each others' "worlds" - i.e. you can't play as Mulan in Pirates of the Carribbean, or as Iron Man in Star Wars - which is weird as I kinda expected that to be the whole point of the exercise!

Comment

I think the idea is that you can make your own levels using whatever playsets and characters you like. 3.0 is mostly Star Wars by the looks of it, with specific playsets and characters and less build it yourself. Although I don't have the sets, I'm just watching for them to drop to rock-bottom prices and I might consider them. AFAIK, PS3/4/360/XB1/WiiU are all the same and the toys/sets all work with each console provided you have the game for it.

Comment

Santa got this for me and the kids - been playing a bit over the past couple of days. There seems to be a few parts, the toy box where you create stuff and there is like a hub where there are activities/areas/tasks and stuff and you can build/decorate your house etc haven't quite worked this out completely and finally there are the playsets - we've just been playing twilight of the old republic which is like a mini action RPG with jedi combat set in the prequel trilogy- it's very cool so far ; there's another which came with our special edition which is called Rise against the Empire which is the original trilogy game. Haven't touched that one yet. The kids tell me the level creator stuff isn't as good as minecraft or LBP but they've only scratched the surface so far I think. I got it on sale for 55 squids, seems well worth it so far. I can definitely see me shelling out on a few more figures. The Boba Fett one is pretty cool as is Luke.

Comment

Working...
          X