No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat X review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this yesterday on PS4 and really didn't like it.

It was too dark, some of the stages were far too buso meaning you couldn't really tell what was going on and it felt clunky and unresponsive.

Comment

Yeah, not really feeling this. The sound mix is poor, this seems to be a problem in all their games. A lot of the character voices sound the same, no doubt using the same voice actor. I don't think the music is too bad, I just cant seem to get a good balance.

The new characters are a bit bland. Some of their animations, especially on the light kicks look comical on the more human models. I am looking forward more than anything for the Jason, Friday the 13th DLC though!

The game does feel "clunky" and unresponsive to me, it doesn't really feel like you are hitting your opponents, the connection isn't there.
      I think graphically it looks great though, most of the character models and stages look really nice, although I have yet to see any stage fatalities. X-Ray moves are as nasty as ever, and fatalities are even sicker this time around. The Krypt seems to have been "upgraded" if you like that sort of thing.

I don't think it helps coming from Killer Instinct though, that game is just leagues ahead in terms of fun.

Comment

Any word of this coming to Vita? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. Last one was a little rough visually but played great so I'd actually be interested in this on a handheld if it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Any word of this coming to Vita? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. Last one was a little rough visually but played great so I'd actually be interested in this on a handheld if it happened.
          No word mate, but I'd doubt it. Vita isn't exactly in a healthy position so I can't see WB funding a Vita version...

Comment

Yeah, it does seem pretty unlikely.

Comment

It's miles too fast.

Comment

It's got a good pace imo. I think it's just horses for courses tbh. I'm presonally really enjoying it, but the DLC and average netcode hurt it for sure...

Comment

Thanks for the impressions I'm also really enjoying MKX a lot story mode is fun a bit 80s action movie. Just getting used to all the characters and styles.

What I came to say is:

I'm still getting PS4 the ce-34878-0 MKX error when immmediatly booting MKX. If like me still get error sign out of PSN and boot MKX and then sign back in to PSN again. I have the Digital version and still getting the error even after the April 21st patch that I think was supposed to fix this . Hope they patch again soon as short term sign out thing is annoying.

Update:

Been doing some reading on Eeddit and the like. The above error appears perhaps someone from WB Games deleted the licenses for the MKX Digital versions for PS4 by accident. Although this error seems common across a few games in the past aka NBA2K, BF4 and GTAV, others have said it is the way PS4 saves stuff as apparently error above can corrupt saves also.

My personal opinion is it is online related hence the signing out of PSN which could be license stuff. Seems others having Faction/Living Tower type errors too.
                  Last edited by JU!; 22-04-2015, 22:01.

Comment

Saw some other place that there are character outfits you can only get by playing the mobile game. That type of thing would rub me up the wrong way something rotten.

Comment

I can live without Farmer Jax and Ninja Mime Johnny lol.

Comment

And classic Mileena, Kitana and Injustice Scorpion lol.

Comment

Been picking at this since release and pretty much finally finished now, in the end it's probably the most I've enjoyed a Kombat entry since MK2 way back. Really solid rate of improvement which hopefully carries on to MKXI

Comment

I really like this game. Play it all the time in 2P with mates. The lack of tag team is such a shame though.

Comment

How is the PC version now guys? pretty tempted now the Steam code can be had for about a tenner.

Comment

No idea how the game is in terms of scalability but purely for myself I've had no issues with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X