Tower of Guns [PS4/PS3] review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower of Guns [PS4/PS3] review

So take the look of Borderlands, make it single player, rogue-like, stick it in a tower and make the goal to get to the top. Then put it on PS+.

The game starts you off at the base of a tower, each room is randomly generated and may or may not contain large cannons firing stuff at you, or small spinning/exploding robots who head straight for you. Your mission is to get to the top of the tower. I would fully expect a "your princess is in another tower" joke once you get there. If you can survive past the first few rooms, you can collect upgrades and mod your guns any way you like (according to the creators).

I've managed 4 rooms in my 4/5 attempts, and while the game is not hard per se, I'm just spectacularly bad at games. I'm sure people who are better at things will enjoy it, I deleted it without a second thought.

More details on the game from the PS Blog.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Downloaded, played for 10 minutes, deleted.

It looks really dated and the controls were very clunky.

Very poor.

Comment

Thanks for confirming with 1st imps what I suspected from checking the dreadful trailer. Not sure what Sony gain by pumping anything they get offered onto this subscription game service. Think I'll try Never Alone this month and that's it.
      Last edited by Golgo; 10-04-2015, 14:56.

Comment

Sony don't gain anything they already flicked the switch on a subscription required model for PS4.
        I didn't get a chance to have a look at it yesterday but I will have a look over tonight.
        Free on PS+ and ?11.99 on xbox one, really don't know why the dev did it that way all it says to xbox owners is wait for it to be free.
        Slightly bothers me that it could become the norm, back and forth between PS+/GwG titles.

Comment

To be fair, even looking at the screenshots, it looks proper gash. One of the few games I'll not even 'purchase' on my account. So much dross one Plus lately. Even the Japanese freebies are pump this month.

Comment

I'm probably the only one that likes the look of this. Wouldn't touch it on a console tho - this has twitch PC shooter written all over it.

Comment

Working...
            X