Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2 Dreamcast JP Version, translations?!

Hi guys,

As the title says, I've been trying to source a translation for this game for years now, would anyone know where I could find one? I know that there is a U.S version available but I hear that that's quite rare these days and I don't really have the time or energy to track down a copy.

Cheers!

DA
    Last edited by darkangel; 09-04-2015, 23:13.

You don't want he US version anyway because it's censored.

Comment

Correct! But while that is a handy piece of information, it does not really help me in my quest for a translation matey.

Comment

True. Another thing you may want to consider is that D2 uses most of the 1gb of space on the GDrom so if there is a translated version it's probably going to need a 99 minute CD which are hard to find unless the translated version has downgraded audio and video clips to fit on to a standard disc.

Comment

I think I recall somebody over on Retrocollect was selling it, but they banned reproductions and translations, so I think the thread might have been deleted. You can go and have a poke around though.

Comment

You could always watch the D2 long play on YouTube...

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input and help. It's really appreciated. It's a shame there's no wiki out there. I heard for the whole CD sha bang thing the DC has to be modded? Maybe it would be easier to track down the U.S version. I mean, how censored are we talking? Yes, maybe I'll check out retro collect... Could be handy! Cheers.

DA
              Last edited by darkangel; 11-04-2015, 23:56.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel View Post
                Maybe it would be easier to track down the U.S version. I mean, how censored are we talking?
                This might be bollocks, but years ago I remember DC-UK magazine (think it was them) heavily implying that the Japanese version has a very graphic

tentacle rape scene

which they expected to be removed before the western release.

I don't know if that's true; they had a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour and it may have been a wind-up.

Comment

It does but it's not graphic. It's just obvious what is going on although you don't see any penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    This might be bollocks, but years ago I remember DC-UK magazine (think it was them) heavily implying that the Japanese version has a very graphic

tentacle rape scene

which they expected to be removed before the western release.
                    Its hardly a big deal and tbh I don't see why the America had such an issues over a plant blowjob . Anyway I would say get the USA version it isn't that expensive and D2 has a very different story to most games and it well worth checking out . Its just a shame the lip syching is so bad in the USA version

Comment

Working...
                    X