Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the same thing happen - red card, opened the door immediately and was told to go to the depot to collect it. Irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      That's intriguing.

Why wouldn't he just wait until tomorrow and bring it, then? Was it meant to arrive today?
      He just said "sorry mate, had a heavy bag today and thought you'd be at work"
      He brought the card instead of the parcel.

I should complain, but may never receive anything again
      Amazon usually use their own delivery crew, thought I was finished with RM and their terrible service.

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
        He just said "sorry mate, had a heavy bag today and thought you'd be at work"
        I'd complain, especially given that response. Only positive thing I can say is that he was honest.

Comment

Lol I admit I would've been stumped getting an answer like that

I probably wouldn't discuss my schedule further with the guy, though!

Comment

to be fair, i'm sure most of us are posties nightmares. I remember years ago i was getting between 2-6 pieces of post a day; for quite a while. I'd have been well *ucked off delivering that lot too. Lucky i had an understanding family and most of the signed for items went there (and still do) ;-)

Comment

I have been fortunate to have wonderful postmen. Back when I lived with my mum, it was the early days of internet shopping and my importing was at a high. Because I was never in, the local postie used to drive by our house on the way home from work to drop off any packages. My current postman now has sometimes turned up ridiculously early with packages in case I'm going anywhere. I've then seen him deliver the rest of the post later in the morning. He's a lovely guy.

Comment

I decided to treat myself this morning and bought a doughnut to eat at work. When I got there I found out they'd ordered a bunch of doughnuts from Mr. Donut because the CEO was visiting.

Then, for my late lunch I decided to treat myself to a naff pizza from the supermarket and when I got back to the office I found out they'd ordered a bunch of Domino's Pizzas for a sales conference and there were some leftover I could've eaten.

I've now jokingly decided to treat myself to sushi for dinner in the hope that they order a bunch of sushi but there's less than half an hour left and I doubt that wish will be fulfilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I have been fortunate to have wonderful postmen. Back when I lived with my mum, it was the early days of internet shopping and my importing was at a high. Because I was never in, the local postie used to drive by our house on the way home from work to drop off any packages. My current postman now has sometimes turned up ridiculously early with packages in case I'm going anywhere. I've then seen him deliver the rest of the post later in the morning. He's a lovely guy.
                  I hope you tipped them at Christmas or whatever.

Comment

Of course!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      I decided to treat myself this morning and bought a doughnut to eat at work.office <snip> I've jokigly decided to treat myself to sushi for dinner in the hope that they order a bunch of sushi but there's less than half an hour left and I doubt that wish will be fulfilled.
                      Your irking on free food irks me.

Comment

When I went to the depot today and discovered that the parcel would have fit through the letterbox and didn't even need to be signed for I was not happy...complained to the guy on the desk and will definitely be making a proper complaint.
                        Still, got me out of work for half an hour

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          to be fair, i'm sure most of us are posties nightmares. I remember years ago i was getting between 2-6 pieces of post a day; for quite a while. I'd have been well *ucked off delivering that lot too. Lucky i had an understanding family and most of the signed for items went there (and still do) ;-)
                          I have almost everything delivered to the PO 2 blocks away. BestBuy playing silly buggers means I have 3 packages instead of 1 for one particular order.

Comment

This thread not being locked yet....

Comment

There's always one smarty pants!

Comment

Working...
                              X