Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pillars of Eternity ( PC STEAM)

i was a backer and put about 4 hours so far

So it is a Rpg along the lines of baldurs gate similar look and sound. Combat is along the same line though it is quite complex there is a good guide and tips here http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-et...ide-to-combat/.

So the combat i did like but to be honest i am finding the magic a right pain to use there are many area effect attacks which can damage your own team (quite badly ) so really not using them that much

If you do not get used to the combat and know it well it is very very hard to win though i would say pick up hire help from the first inn makes things a bit easier

So far it is a very promising start though i am hoping it opens up a bit later as not coming across as many sidequests as i would like ( i tend to like to grind a bit to make things a bit easier)
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

This is what i had hoped Diablo 3 would look more like...

Everything from the combat system to the beautiful hand drawn canvas style loading screens are great.

Will be sticking with this one.

Comment

More impressions pls. I've been hyped for this for a long time and as soon as Bloodborne is done I will be all over it!

Kickstarter has been great for isometric rpgs. This, Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun Returns, with Torment: Tides of Numenera on the way! Get in.

Comment

well been playing it a bit more now.More strategy then in the baldurs gate game as area effect spells damage friend and foe but it shows you the area of effect red will damage everyone yellow will damage just enemies. So really you have to make sure the enemies concentrate on the fighter's then position the mages so the spells work well.

It is bloody hard though if you are not on top of the combat feels like it can be gameover very quickly and i do often think that some places you really need to be a higher level and better equipment.

It is starting to open up a bit now giving more places to explore so that is cool i would say if you like baldurs gate and the like then this is worth getting

Comment

Working...
        X