Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    TBH, none of the games are actually that difficult. As long as you are precise in what you're doing, once you actually know what you're doing, then they are actually pretty easy to finish.

Nothing requiring hand/eye coordination is that difficult, you just have to know what you are doing and do it precisely!!

Comment

Played a couple of hours this evening and I'm finding it very frustrating. Once again the hype has caught me and I've been burned.

Check my sales thread.

Comment

Bit hasty do you think? There's a reason they're well reviewed, you've got to give it a bit of time and learn the system a bit before it sinks it's teeth in.

Comment

Not when the main thing I've been doing is state at a loading splash screen.

It's obviously a Marmite game. On this occasion it's one i don't really like.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post

Nothing requiring hand/eye coordination is that difficult, you just have to know what you are doing and do it precisely!!
            I don't see what's so funny. It has nothing to do with hand to eye coordination. Once you know how to play the game, it's a breeze. Until then you'll die many times.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              Played a couple of hours this evening and I'm finding it very frustrating. Once again the hype has caught me and I've been burned.

Check my sales thread.
              You just need to take it slowly until you've beaten the first boss. Then it'll open up a bit more. You can run straight to him with the exception of a handful of enemies too.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It has nothing to do with hand to eye coordination.
                So no need for perfectly timed dodges then?

Comment

So no need for perfectly timed dodges then?
                  Not really. If you hit first, you win. The only thing that requires perfect timing is the Visceral Attack, but after about three goes you can do it without fail.

The only time you even need to consider dodging is against bosses, and the timing is very slack. The bosses are incredibly lame in this game unfortunately. The journey towards them is more difficult. The basic rule for pretty much all of them, is get behind them and get in as many hits as possible before they turn around. When they do turn around you just get behind them again.

Bloodborne is good, but it's no Demon's Souls by any means. I'm thinking that I'll have more fun with the Dark Souls II remaster next month personally. Bloodborne is like Demon's Souls light for me.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not really. If you hit first, you win. The only thing that requires perfect timing is the Visceral Attack, but after about three goes you can do it without fail.

The only time you even need to consider dodging is against bosses, and the timing is very slack. The bosses are incredibly lame in this game unfortunately. The journey towards them is more difficult. The basic rule for pretty much all of them, is get behind them and get in as many hits as possible before they turn around. When they do turn around you just get behind them again.

Bloodborne is good, but it's no Demon's Souls by any means. I'm thinking that I'll have more fun with the Dark Souls II remaster next month personally. Bloodborne is like Demon's Souls light for me.
                    So if you have beat Demon Souls this lies somewhere between Demon and Dark Souls 1 in terms of challenge? That is a shame that none of the bosses are as epic as Demon Souls (In your opinion of course). I have not played Dark Souls 2 but even Dark souls 1 had epic bosses like the Wolf, Crystal dragon, Butterfly etc.

TBH I killed most bosses with the behind tactic in Dark Souls although I cannot remember that working too well in Demon's, especially that flame lurker bastard!

Comment

So if you have beat Demon Souls this lies somewhere between Demon and Dark Souls 1 in terms of challenge? That is a shame that none of the bosses are as epic as Demon Souls (In your opinion of course). I have not played Dark Souls 2 but even Dark souls 1 had epic bosses like the Wolf, Crystal dragon, Butterfly etc.

TBH I killed most bosses with the behind tactic in Dark Souls although I cannot remember that working too well in Demon's, especially that flame lurker bastard!
                      I've not played Dark Souls II myself either. I'd rank Bloodborne as the easiest game from the three I have played. Demon's>Dark>Bloodborne. I'm guessing that Dark Souls II is probably about as difficult as part one.

I find Bloodborne to be a streamlined version of the Souls games. It's paced much faster, and there is way less to collect and upgrade. Armour has no customisation whatsoever here after all. It's still a great title, but it's far more forgiving if you consider yourself to be a good Souls player.

I took to cheesing the Flame Lurker, such was the frustration at trying to beat him. You can't cheese any bosses in Bloodborne, which is perhaps what makes them easier in a weird way. There's only one way to kill them, and once you've cracked it they're just normal enemies with a large energy bar.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

Check my sales thread.
                        Lol - i assume you have never played a souls game before......dynasty warriors it aint.

Comment

I knew what to expect coming in. Just not at this degree. I've not reached the first boss yet as, despite trying to go slow and not be so blas? about the combat, I keep dying. It doesn't help that the camera likes getting stuck on walls when I'm trying to position it to see an enemy who is sticking a pitchfork up my arse!

It's stunning but just feels so antiquated in terms of the fluidity of the combat.

Comment

You are using the right stick to lock on right?
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You are using the right stick to lock on right?
                              Yeah. Whether it locks on to who I want is another matter entirely.

Comment

Tilt the same stick to cycle targets.

Also, you might want to return to Hunter's Dream every 500pts to buy new pieces of gear... If you're really struggling.

Are you past the bonfire yet? That's by far the biggest test of patience. Lure a couple in at a time and kite them back to the carriage to take them out. The enemies are very dumb, actually. Nothing to worry about unless you bring four or more. You can use pebbles to attract them if you're not sure, but there's really no need.

Have you learnt the Visceral Attack? It's basically the Zandatsu from Revengeance. To trigger the stun state you have to fire your gun (L2) as they raise their weapon, this drops them to one knee for you to hit (R1) for the massive finish, which also comes with tons of invincibility frames and AoE stun for anyone else stood close by.

Practice this on the humanoids and before long you'll be doing it on the giants and the werewolves. I don't even dodge anymore unless I'm swamped.

The timing for the gun stun might be tricky at first as it works a little like the perfect parry from Revengeance. You only have the visual cue to work with, so it will take a bit of practice.
                                Last edited by dataDave; 28-03-2015, 04:58.

Comment

Working...
                                X