Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
    Apologies lads, not on the current tangent but:

If I may ask, whats the best way to farm bullets in the game?

I'm in the Cathedral, so not too far in...

Thanks
    Even now my main supplies run is from Central Yharnam up to the Great Bridge, taking the left route through the house after killing the two fatties besides it. It nets me at least thirteen health pots, four bullets, and takes three minutes.

Don't forget you can tap up on the d-pad to get five additional bullets at the cost of some health. If you do this just before dealing damage to an enemy you can reclaim all of that health back. It's a good habit to get into, even if you're at full stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Still, though I'm hanging up my hood, if i ever get ponderous I still have DS1 and 2 on Steam and I come out of Bloodborne thinking better of the games and of From than I went in so in the end, a victory for them.
      Bloodborne is clearly overhyped. i am still enjoying the game though but find it inferior to any of the Souls games and even Lords of the Fallen in terms of combat. my main gripe is the lack of mid level Lanterns, especially in front of boss areas, which makes it really hard to make progress if you suck at bosses like i do. so i try focussing on finding and opening shortcuts while avoiding boss fights as long as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        Bloodborne is clearly overhyped. i am still enjoying the game though but find it inferior to any of the Souls games and even Lords of the Fallen in terms of combat. my main gripe is the lack of mid level Lanterns, especially in front of boss areas, which makes it really hard to make progress if you suck at bosses like i do. so i try focussing on finding and opening shortcuts while avoiding boss fights as long as possible.
        You can just sprint from each lantern to the boss fight without taking any damage in under 60 seconds, if you want. There's no need to re-clear the path if you don't want to. Later on the groups of enemies are more trouble than the bosses themselves, so why you'd want to keep clearing them out is beyond me. I'll do it the once, but for each recurring boss attempt it's a sprint.

Comment

I had kind of hoped that it would be as deep as DS is, items and stuff like that, more customisability, more options. Other than that it's a good game no doubt. About 45 hours in and got to

This worm like spider boss in the middle of some sea.

Bit weird.

Comment

I really struggled with the first boss. Think I've lost my gaming mojo. Second one looks easier but he slaughtered me before I even saw him when I first encountered him lol.

Vita remote play is massively improved now and the button mapping works quite well in this game. I had a go at clearing out mobs and managed to take down the 2 big guys before the bridge so I think they got that right.

Comment

Absolutely adore this. My level of insight + changes in story seem to have completely changed areas around/enemies seen, and makes you see things you couldn't see earlier in the game- and I'm constantly looking around in wonderment at the same areas- again- but this time im seeing what I couldn't before. A wonderful mechanic. I'm about level 70 now, and things are easier, but some mobs can still ruin my day.

There's third secret area which I haven't discovered yet, and I expected a boss similar to the Bell Gargoyles in one of them when I reached the roof- but nothing. I think I missed an npc cue somewhere and haven't been able to launch the optional boss. I'm looking forward to finishing this, and restarting after looking at wikis and stuff to see what I missed.

The exploration, the reward for exploration, the atmosphere... It's all second to none. Love it.

Comment

just found the Rifle Spear and Jesus this thing has some range on it. It makes doing the charge attack super easy as you don't have to get anywhere near anything, I think I will invest some materials in it as it seems a little bit underpowered at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                  Absolutely adore this. My level of insight + changes in story seem to have completely changed areas around/enemies seen, and makes you see things you couldn't see earlier in the game- and I'm constantly looking around in wonderment at the same areas- again- but this time im seeing what I couldn't before. A wonderful mechanic. I'm about level 70 now, and things are easier, but some mobs can still ruin my day.

There's third secret area which I haven't discovered yet, and I expected a boss similar to the Bell Gargoyles in one of them when I reached the roof- but nothing. I think I missed an npc cue somewhere and haven't been able to launch the optional boss. I'm looking forward to finishing this, and restarting after looking at wikis and stuff to see what I missed.

The exploration, the reward for exploration, the atmosphere... It's all second to none. Love it.
                  What area are you referring to? Sounds like Cainhurst. Once you reach what you think is the top, you need to drop down and run over to the other side. Then you can take a ladder up to the boss.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've not played too much yet but I'm enjoying it immensely. Would agree that offence is definitely the best defence, even though I've not completely submitted to this new school of thought myself. That said, for now the biggest problem I have is navigation, and going round in bloody circles. Can't help but feel I'm going to miss / screw up something important too by not having read too much about it. My current dilemma being

Old Yharnam and what to do with the prick on the gun turret

One question - is there a point where weapon upgrade items become finite? Because it certainly doesn't feel that way with the basic starter stuff, and yet I see mention above of only one weapon being able to be seen through to completion per play through.

Comment

Joined the PS4 club for this - The setting, how every creature fits into its surroundings, the intersecting level design...it's just brain-boggling. I can barely fathom how you'd build a world like this from scratch. Flipping incredible.

I actually found it way tougher than Souls at first, but the flash-mob around the bonfire is kind of a tutorial in how to play it less tentatively - I kinda miss slowly edging into fights with my shield raised but I like how this game encourages you to be aggressive. Swoopin' and swishin' between dudes and keeping them all staggered. Haven't yet sussed the timing for visceral attacks, or even how to effectively use ranged weapons but I'm really enjoying figuring it all out.

I love how progressively creepy it gets - it's not quite reached 'New Londo Ruins' levels yet but I got to a point in 'Old Yharnam' that's getting there, and designed in a way that you have to get to the bottom room in order to suss out what's actually going on. Awesome stuff.

MrKirov's post makes insight sound fantastically cool too.

Comment

Take out the first area of beasts, then head down the stairs, but instead of going into the building via the door on the left, take a right at the broken red brick wall and go down the ladder. Once at the bottom run all the way forward over the wooden stairs and avoiding the fallen hunter and you'll see a ladder immediately in front of you. Climb that, then another, then repeatedly shoot Djura until he falls off the ledge.

The item required to get to +10 can be found once per game. Soon enough you'll need a whole lot of materials to upgrade, so sticking to upgrading one trick weapon and one gun per game is wise. You're going to end up with a load of +5's otherwise.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

My solution to gun turret

was to charge right at him and smash him off the roof as if your quick off the ladder he doesn't move from the ledge in time to respond.

Comment

There's a danger of falling off yourself that way though. Two-three shots is sufficient for taking him out, and much less of a risk.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Weirdly enough I'm getting the same experience from Bloodborne that I did from every other Souls game and am enjoying it greatly. But perhaps I'm playing it wrong Taking things slow and exploring each area is what makes the game for me. That and trying out different weapon and armour combos to see how they play or just because they look cool. Maybe it makes certain thing harder, but who cares, I'm wearing a top hat.

Comment

Accidentally hit an NPC in the Cathedral Ward...they hate me now

Comment

Working...
                                X