Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Worth buying a ps4 for, Dave?

We know you are dying to play The order and Driveclub.....

Edit: or secretly playing them and lovin it ;-)
    I've got TLoU here but it's not my thing. I might try Driveclub again in a few months, but no, I'm glad I've not splashed on a console yet. I might wait for a slim depending on what games are announced at E3.

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    Oh and remember to always keep your weapons repaired. That seems like the golden rule.
    Indeed. The damage starts to diminish, seemingly, or is that just me?

I'm the same. I'm not caring about NPCs yet either. This is the bulldoze phase. I've not seen any female hunter NPC, the only one so far is the priest/hunter (Alfred?).
    Last edited by dataDave; 28-03-2015, 13:09.

Comment

That's the same as me. It's a bug apparently.

I've found a farm for around 60000 souls a time. It's an incredibly easy place too. It takes around twenty minutes. I'll probably stay here until tomorrow.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Found it quite easy so far, the abundance of healing items and bullets, movement speed, invincible frame on the dodge , range on the weapon mod and the large timing on counter gunning make it short work of everything up to Father G so far, add a bit of trouble with a 3-4 deaths to him where I'd get caught in the destroyable environment, smashed to the floor then juggled on the floor as I couldn't escape rollout(off the floor) the way as I would normally due to being trapped by the environment.

some fun before Father Gascoigne.

Comment

I love that ball. Just run straight up to it though. It'll take out the entire bridge.

I've made a load of naive errors this playthrough already. Mainly wasting upgrade materials on weapons I'll never use. You can farm them to a certain extent though at least.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-03-2015, 14:06.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

so far the character progression and upgrade system seem like an afterthought to me and lacking the depth of the Souls games. i will reserve my final judgement until have seen more of the game but i am not sure if i am going to like this. 10 hours in the game i inserted my first bloodgem and all i get is a 1.1% physical attack bonus. honestly? also why can't i use the lamps for quicktravel like in DS2?

i ran into a couple of bugs and old problems too. most of all the lock-on does't always work like it should , there is an annoying sound bug when the engine is pushed to the limits it seems and i've been stuck in the evironments a few times. the old tech in use here isn't really helping the fast paced combat.

it's not all bad news though as the framerate feels much improved from the demo build and feels above 20fps in most situations. i am starting to get to grips with the combat too. staggeing enemies is still much of a gamble for me though. i wonder will there be better, more useful shields later on?
            Last edited by Uli; 28-03-2015, 14:41.

Comment

I've got a stonking 7.9% attack, with an extra 2.9% at full HP. It's still only a small one so I bet they get much bigger later.

Comment

I've got 30.1% plus an extra 2.9% at full HP and negate poison. You'll find much better stones as you go along.

I can't help my friend with a boss. Is it because I've already beaten it or something? It refuses to join me to his game.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

must be a bug. bececause this is really the whole point in co-op that you help others out with your own expertise and knowledge.

Comment

I'm another that's given up after 6 hours. Whilst the sense of accomplishment is there whenever you do 'finally' get past a certain bit I'm just not finding it fun.

Years ago I would have been all over it, but the time I get to actually sit down and play games these days is quite limited so it's got to go

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      I've got 30.1% plus an extra 2.9% at full HP and negate poison. You'll find much better stones as you go along.

I can't help my friend with a boss. Is it because I've already beaten it or something? It refuses to join me to his game.
                      Loads of people can't seem to suss out the network features over on RLLMUK.

I can't even view phantoms/bloodstains 90% of the time.

Boss #4 down now. These are no different to bosses in any other game - two/three attempts maximum.

Last edited by dataDave; 28-03-2015, 16:14.

Comment

There was a notice put out a day or two before release that 'DNS settings' need to be set to 'automatic' for online to work properly. Not sure what any of that means or whether - indeed - it makes any difference, but you can fiddle with this under PS4 network settings, selecting custom setup. Worth a try.

Comment

First playthrough done. Totally awesome game.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Gotten myself stuck in this games version of the painted world, got ambushed by some tall bagman out of nowhere in area he definitely wasn't in before while I was making me way back through the tall whitemask men with the various weaponry (in the area you buy the key for). He beat me down and carried me off and now im in a world full of bagmen who can 2 hit me, and 1 hit me in there dark aura mode once you get there HP down... load times started to grate now

Comment

You have to stealth through there to get out.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

3hrs in and still not beat the first boss...bridge is too narrow for my haphazard dodging style and I get smashed!

Decided to grind a few levels of HP. If you miss opening the gate before tackling him its a bit harsh too...

Enjoying it so far though, despite my lack of skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X