No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My blood vials are not shown in my Inventory. If I go to the storage box I can. Move them between storage and inventory but when I leave the storage box they no longer show. I can't add them to a quick slot.

So, either I try to complete the game without them or I start again I guess.

Comment

You can't add them to a quick slot Brad. They are always on triangle. Do you have them as 20 in blue under your stamina bar?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Haha, I'm such a tool. Cheers mate.

Comment

#BloodBorneEveryMinute

Comment

Got confused because of the first vial you get given, which does go in a slot. Anyway, now I'm stuck in scenery. Had to exit and respawn. Not much luck so far lol!

Comment

Just beat the first boss in my first try so proud was such a great feeling, quite tense battling him. Have to admit saw Patrick Klpek (Kotaku) fight him and saw some girl on Playstation Live so had an idea of what to do.

Thanks Mister Bubbles think it was for the Chalice Dungeon invite I'm a bit low level at the moment but in the future need to try these.

Comment

Anything past 20 (unless you have boosted it), goes into storage. You don't need to mess with it though. It comes out of storage automatically. The same applies to Silver Bullets, as well as anything else in your quick slots.

You should put the Hand Lantern in your first Personal Effects slots, and then use the remainder for the monocle, bells and the Silencing Blank. That seems to be the most intuitive setup for me. Personal Effects are accessed by pressing the right side of the touchpad in case you don't know.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Cheers for the tips above Joe was wondering what personal effects slot things were for.

Comment

No problem at all.

It's basically a second quick inventory. I've found it saves a quick slot, especially for the Hand Lantern. The monacle is used a few times, and the bells as you need them. It's still faster than going into your main inventory. I use the quick slots for buffs mainly. Not that you actually need any of them of course, but it's nice to have 20 Poison Knives at your disposal, should you have to quickly one-hit a boss FTW if you have no ammo. I have the Hand Lantern active at all times. If anything it ups the poor brightness level offered by the game. It helps you beat the fifth boss too, but I never told you that
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-03-2015, 21:09.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                      The starting area is a failing on Bloodborne's part and is a poor indication of what the rest of the game is like. It's overly tricky and frustrating. Once you find the first shortcut, which lets you bypass the entire bonfire area, the game opens up. From that point on it's easier, more varied, more interesting, you get to level up skills and weapons, and explore and cover distance rather than redoing the same small route over and over. I've played the previous Souls games a good deal and got through the first section after an hour or so of annoyance, but 3 of my friends (we all started last night and were chatting in party) were stuck there for AGES and not enjoying themselves at all!

In the end I talked them through the below and now they're getting stuck in:

clear the first bonfire area by pulling mobs one by one or in small groups with the gun or pebbles. Then take the rifle guys and the dog. From that point you're almost there - head up the stairs and through the gate near where rifle guy was standing on the carriage. Soon you'll get to an area with some boxes at the left hand side that you can smash and then drop down to a level below. Keep working forward, kill some dogs in cages before they get out, and work your way through a dark house and exit on the lower floor. You'll be able to open a gate that lets you bypass the starting area. Job done. From here you can go to a bridge by going up through the same dark house and exiting at the top floor. On the bridge hang a left - you have to kill an ogre guy here and some birds - and you'll be at the first boss. Even if you die here you've unlocked the ability to level up your character back at the cemetery, which certainly helps. Now you have options, don't have to redo that same crappy area over and over, and hopefully will start having fun!
                      Oh man, I'm sooo glad I read this spoiler.
                      I had no idea this route was here and had spent hours redoing the bonfire only to continually die at the 2 werewolves on the bridge. I was ready to sack the game off.

This route opens the game out massively, I can't believe it was hidden like this TBH. Not only did I open this route back to the first lamp but I opened the 2nd near where the first boss is! I've just taken him out, man it was intense!!

Can someone tell me how I stealth kill an enemy with his back to me? Every time I get right behind someone this I just do a normal attack.

2 others things

The voice acting is terrible.
                      Counter shot, stab kill might just be the most satisfying move in a game ever.

Comment

To backstab, you need to sneak up on an enemy. Aim straight on. Hold R2, when they stagger push forward on the left stick and hit R1. You don't actually have to push forward on the stick, but it eliminates any chance of them moving out of the hit box.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Joe, I have no idea how you've managed to beat the game in that amount of time!.
                          I'm about 35 hours in and stuck in the

in the forbidden forest trying to kill the 3 black cape guys. I can kill one and get them to the 2nd stage but hell, they are vicious.

I have no idea and hit a wall with those.

Comment

Just back stabbed a

giant pig right in its bum hole

. Best game kill ever!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              Uli, my first run took me around ten hours.
                              really just 10 hours including your grinding sessions? that's amazing Joe! i must have spent 20 hours already and haven't even made it out of the city area. although i am more of an explorer and like to turn every stone before i head on to the boss or the next area.

finished the 2nd boss, a turbo charged beast on adrenalin, with the help of lots of grinding (about 9 levels) and the co-op NPC of the area. another chaotic boss fight which i am just glad to have passed. not much strategy involved, it's pure roll, dodge and bash away and hoping that you don't get stuck in scenery. i hope there will be some bosses that are more fun than stress and frustration.

for everyone struggling to make progress too, i highly recommend to follow the Youtube Let's play of this guy. he was involved in putting together the Official guide book.

Last edited by Uli; 30-03-2015, 02:14.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                Lots of people seem to be stuck there, but I find it the easiest boss in the whole game.
                                What about the Witch of Hemwick? Was that some kind of joke boss or something? Honestly easier than the Big Bob-omb on the first level of Super Mario 64.

Comment

Working...
                                X