Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    Isn't that going to make things even easier? I tried to purposely farm as little as possible on DS2.
    Apparently the ultimate hardcore challenge for the souls games is to complete them without levelling up at all. You should try it, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
      Is there anything to be gained from

killing the wolfy beast at the very

beginning? The pugilist in me wants to serve it a bowl of cheeky fisty cuffs
      you gain XP and also insight, which is the currency for anything multiplayer related. the boss is quite easy, if you know his attack pattern, just stay behind and roll towards him if he jumps.

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
      What's all this? Notoriously hard game is hard?
      the first boss was purposely designed to suck and annoy to sell PS Plus subscriptions!

no worries though. as i said, i just suck at the game. i miss the shield and the slow tactical approch to combat. the pistol, so far, is a poor replacement that offers very little in the way of defensive play as the timing to stagger enemies, especially faster ones, is very tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        the first boss was purposely designed to suck and annoy to sell PS Plus subscriptions!
        Lol, maybe! But then, remember first boss of Dark Souls, who was 'literally'* unbeatable. You just had to run away.

* Not 'literally'. Some hardcore mentals have done it.

Comment

yes, all Souls games had issues with difficulty balance. DS2 was the most fair and balanced game i think, most more nasty bosses were simply optional. it's good news then that online functions works fine so far in Bloodborne as i will probably co-op most bosses of this game to save me unneccessary frustration.

@ Joe,
          have you played some of the random dungeons yet? does the XP and items you gain transfer to the main game?

Comment

I played one of them. It was going fairly well until I came to the boss. I shall save those until much later I think.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm at the seventh boss now. First time I have died. It was my own fault too.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

How did you lose 80,000 souls if it was your first death?

Comment

My first death against a boss. I'm rocking Father Gascoigne's outfit now too. This game is totally badass.
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 27-03-2015, 17:22.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Your extra post implied you had been playing it further, and had reached a further stage/boss in the game than what you were at when you made your original comment.

Blood starved beast is kicking my ass. When he goes mental half way through and starts poisoning you I find it really difficult. Im struggling a bit with the camera at times too- the bosses can move much quicker than they ever did in the souls games, and where the dodging is camera relative, I often find myself sidestepping the wrong way when locked on because they're jumping about so much.

Comment

I see what you mean now. I've died lots of times in the world, but I killed the first six bosses on my first attempt. I guess I'm still battle-hardened from my Souls days. I think I'm at the end-game now. A huge storyline has happened. You'll see what I mean.

You should keep a fair amount of distance between him and yourself. You can take refuge behind the pillars too. You want to attack his left hip area. He attacks with a right to left swipe, so if you stay to his left, you should evade it. Few hits and back off. Keep repeating that and you should be ok. I could co-op with you, but you'll need to be a minimum of level 45.

There's also an item behind the altar, don't forget to pick it up.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 27-03-2015, 17:43.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I've actually used up all my supplies of blood vials, and lost about 30k souls in there- so no more fighting him until I restock sadly.

Comment

From and Platinum should join forces to make a game.

And then I can commit suicide after playing it because what would be the point in living after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                            Apparently the ultimate hardcore challenge for the souls games is to complete them without levelling up at all. You should try it, dude.
                            I'm doing a Waste of Skin run with all points spread between Stamina and Skill, not touching HP at all. I want the fear to stick throughout the game. Unfortunately when you start playing it like Revengeance you kind of become invincible.

I've heard the Kirkhammett is a good weapon, but it's too bad it requires Strength to equip.

Comment

Finally got hold of this today. My online order failed to arrive so brought in Sainsbury's as I have been waiting all week to play it I have to say it is absolutely brilliant. As excited I have been about playing Bloodborne I have somewhat been sitting on the fence as its not usually my type of game. I never got on with the Dark Souls games and never put any decent time into them, generally because im crap at them and died so often I just couldn't be bothered.

But this game is seriously something else. For starts it looks just stunning and the atmosphere really sucks you in. I have died many times so far but I am generally accepting that its down to my error and im learning the mechanics as I go, improving the way I approach things. As I mentioned normally this type of game does not appeal to me but im finding it so good to actually play and even more important, its so damn fun. Even as I sit here now, I can almost here it calling me back for another session, I am really fighting my urge to get back in and play, I seriously cannot remember the last game to have this affect on me.

My one and only complaint is the loading times. I really hope the incoming patch arrives soon and fixes this because as im dying quite a lot the long loading times do get tedious. But apart from this it really is a genuine game to go out a purchase a PS4 to play it.
                              Last edited by gambit6613; 27-03-2015, 20:37.

Comment

Sounds like you're getting on with it perfectly. The whole idea behind these games is learning how to play them through repetition. Dying lots is to be expected. I think that's what splits people's opinions. Some just can't get their head around the fact that you aren't going to beat it on one life.

TBH, none of the games are actually that difficult. As long as you are precise in what you're doing, once you actually know what you're doing, then they are actually pretty easy to finish.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X