No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can kill them, they're just hard- but they do disapear after your insight increases later.

I lost about 20 insight yesterday in the upper Cathedral ward, bloody enemies resembling the bell ringers from DeS, freeze you then grab you and suck 2/3 insight from you each time- with an irritatingly long animation. On purpose no doubt! Facing one was bad enough because they have loads of health and are in close quarters, but 2/3 of them and you're buggered. From from 50 off insight to 30 now >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      bloody bagmen, one hit from them takes off 90% of my energy they carried me off to a new area too, am I supposed to kill them or ignore them?
      Forward lunge (up and R2) then retreat and repeat or forward lunge into a gunshot for the chance at a Visceral Attack seems to work best against them, as their attack wind-up is so slow.

Try not to fight two at once unless you're near the 30's for Strength or Skill, and have a ton of stamina.

Comment

When an enemy dies and says "This town's done for" (or similar) it sounds like Archie from the Fast Show (30 years man and boy).

Comment

Some of the accents in this are quality hahah

Comment

I was thinking that if you add just a single vampire (or vampire-like) enemy and a whip, Bloodborne can very well be a 3D Castlevania.

Comment

The threaded cane already doubles up as a whip!

Comment

Not that far in the game.

Comment

Yes you are! It's a starting gift and available from the bath merchants as well, right from the off.

Comment

That's what I've been saying, and that's what I've been using.

Comment

god damn, I love this game. I think it's outstanding...

If I can pick your wise gentleman's brains. What's the most important stats to level/best weapons?

Thanks!

Comment

finally made it out of the city area and the game somehow got better for me. the country side is really creepy. love it!

i really miss the slow mo kill cam in Bloodborne. a shame really, as the riposte kills would look even more brutal in slow motion.

Comment

Ahhhh I can't even beat the first boss. I have a pool of 20000 souls now having repeated the same 7 kills over and over to get back to the boss. I'm awful at this game.

Comment

Double post
                            Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 03-04-2015, 16:14.

Comment

Use the souls to level up... health and stamina... don't lock onto him!!

*edit* or if levelling hasn't unlocked (I forgot already) just summon the npc to tank him

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                                Ahhhh I can't even beat the first boss. I have a pool of 20000 souls now having repeated the same 7 kills over and over to get back to the boss. I'm awful at this game.
                                if it's the optional beast boss on the bridge you can also simply ignore him and focus on opening shortcuts to the mandatory boss "Father G".

i find locking very useful here, just make sure to stay at his side or, if possible, behind him. if you back off to heal be aware of his jump attack. simply roll towards him while he is in the air. actually a very easy boss since he is very predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X