No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually died once in that witch boss. 2nd time was easy. The first time they insta killed me by grabbing behind and cutting my till I was dead. Again, it's only easy if you are lucky and not in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Comment

Remember that you don't have to fight hardly any enemy. You can run past 90% of them. I didn't bother taking on anybody that posed a high level of danger the first time through. Those executioner guys are deadly. I purposely stayed away from them. I'm around 3/4 of the way through NG+ in around four hours now. It's shorter than the other games for sure if you don't go to any optional areas. Castle Cainhurst is the best place to farm souls I think. 90% of the enemies don't attack you. Repeated runs net you huge amounts of cash, plus the Katana if you meet the requirements.

The witch boss is super easy. It's something of a non-event I reckon. Don't even bother with the smoke enemies. Just stick to the ends of the room until the witch appears, then lay the smackdown. Keep your life topped up, just in case it catches you with the throat slit.

There is one locked door in Carhedral Ward. It's down in a tunnel past the giant with the ball and chain, and cannot be opened. I just can't work it out.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 30-03-2015, 06:04.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I don't think I was ever good at these games. It'll take me 30 hours at least.
        I didn't know about the first shortcut, must've missed it but you can run through that first area in about a minute anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          There is one locked door in Cathedral Ward. It's down in a tunnel past the giant with the ball and chain, and cannot be opened. I just can't work it out.
          I can't work that one out either.

There's loads of stuff that's REALLY hidden away, like the fire resist gear in Old Yharnam. That's the only real profitable discovery I've made so far.

Unfortunately I'm going to feel obliged to hand this console back once I'm done with the first run. I'll have to wait until after me and the Mrs. sort our **** out with where we're going to settle before buying more bulk. So, after Christmas, no doubt.

Comment

Just bought this off a fellow forumite, so therefore completely ignoring every fibre of my being that suggests this won't be for me. Look out for me either being completely engrossed or utterly miserable when it arrives.

Joe, as someone who hasn't played it yet, that 10 hour completion time sounds very different to the 60+ hour figures most reviews have mentioned. Would you say a 10-20 hour play through is more realistic?

Comment

Not sure if it has been posted but there is a game breaking bug in the current version. If you invade or are summoned (summoners are not affected) in The Forbidden Woods, an item you need to progress the main story will not spawn.

A fix is incoming this week.

I was summoned in the area last night, completely forgetting that'd read about this bug so now I have to wait for the fix to come in. Going to allow myself to be summoned in other areas and help people out for a while.

Comment

60 hours is insane. There is no way in hell it takes that long to go through the main story. 20 hours would be really pushing it too. I'd even go so far to say that you could run through the entire game in three to five hours once you know what you're doing. The platinum is incredibly easy to get too, and is the only real reason to play NG+.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 30-03-2015, 08:49.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is that for checking every area, killing all bosses, and gaining at least one maximum suped up weapon, Joe? I still haven't met first boss yet and I've clocked up about 9 hours haha. I do like to search every crevice and kill all mobs.

Comment

I've searched pretty much all of the first area I think. Found loads of stuff. Took me a couple of hours to not be terrified of each new enemy but my flow is coming back. First boss when I get home. Nearly had him last night but I spammed attack too early when I thought he was ready to go down.

Comment

That was from all required bosses and one out of two optional bosses that I had found (there are a few more apparently). I actually forgot to go back for the second one. I had maxed the Saw Cleaver to +10 and had the pistol to +6 before I had beaten the last boss. From what I gather, you can only get one +10 material per game.

Nine hours without killing the first boss is nuts. The area isn't big enough to warrant that much exploring. You must be taking it REAL slow. That or doing some incredible power levelling.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 30-03-2015, 09:18.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not at all. Did get killed a lot trying too take to many mobs on or double fatty takedowns though. I'm currently under yarnham somewhere after taking a cheeky hidden detour, so maybe I've gone off the 'normal' route?

Comment

The sewers are the standard route. You'll end up doubling back on yourself and open up the two shortcuts in the area. If you see the lift, take a ride so it unlocks the switch for next time. It's a major shortcut to the next area.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            That was from all required bosses and one out of two optional bosses that I had found (there are a few more apparently). I actually forgot to go back for the second one. I had maxed the Saw Cleaver to +10 and had the pistol to +6 before I had beaten the last boss. From what I gather, you can only get one +10 material per game.

Nine hours without killing the first boss is nuts. The area isn't big enough to warrant that much exploring. You must be taking it REAL slow. That or doing some incredible power levelling.
                            Thing to remember is that although you are clearly very good at this game, for many (most?) people, even seasoned gamers, it is a difficult game. One that is prone to cause frustration and when gamers get frustrated they do rash things and when that happens in this game they are punished, placed back at the start somewhere and have to do it again. Keen to get to the point they died asap they rush through and are mroe careless than they were last time and the cycle continues. 9 hours before hitting the first boss is nothing really, especially if you aren't used to these types of games.

Comment

Yeah, that's right. That's when the game opens up after you discover those shortcuts.

Take your time and savour it, you're doing the right thing. Patience is rewarded in these games.

This is how you do a modern Castlevania. It's the ****ing best **** in the genre I've played in years. Absolutely loving it.

Comment

As an almost newcomer to this games (played Dark Souls to about a third the way through) I found the section upto and including the Cleric Beast very hard and it took ages. Since then however it has been a lot easier. I've not had any problems since him up to Vicar Amelia. Except falling down that stupid rickety tower 10 times that is
                                I am trying to explore/find everything in one play through so I am taking my time.

Comment

Working...
                                X