No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems the best course of action is to just buy the Yharnam Hunter set at the beginning of the game, until you can get the Cainhurst set. The armor sets all seem a little pointless as they all are inferior to the Yharnam set, barring the Cainhurst. The Father G and Gherman sets look cool though.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

God you make it look well easy

I've literally made no progress but I'm loving the game. I scream each time I'm hit though

I picked the cane but hear it's one of the more difficult weapons to use. Should I start over?
      Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 01-04-2015, 09:30.

Comment

It is well easy. Don't take any risks until you are confident. As long as you get the first hit in, you'll be fine.

No, the Threaded Cane is one of the best weapons in the game.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Just make sure you level up the stat that the cane scales best with.

If you're unsure of what I'm talking about (these games never explain scaling) on the weapon stat screen you will see letter grades next to the symbols for the strength and skill stats. This shows how well their damage output scales with that stat. So if you have a C in skill but an E in strength, pour points into skill rather than strength.

Comment

Only issue I had with the cane is the long delay in switching between its modes, much longer than the saw. Seemed to break the flow up a bit. But, in its extended mode it did seem pretty lethal (with the short time I spent with it).

Comment

You can switch mid-combo whenever you hit L1, it ties the switch-over into a strike.

I'm glad I went with the cane. It makes things even more like Castlevania.

Comment

In transformed mode it'll get a lot of head hits on bosses. It's particularly devastating to Vicar Amelia.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It looks amazing with fire on it too. I've not tried electricity yet, but I think I'm going with that Tesla-mace (not real name) for NG+.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    It seems the best course of action is to just buy the Yharnam Hunter set at the beginning of the game, until you can get the Cainhurst set. The armor sets all seem a little pointless as they all are inferior to the Yharnam set, barring the Cainhurst. The Father G and Gherman sets look cool though.
                    if you explore the Yarnham hunter set can be had for nowt as its in the first level, its in a separate part of the sewer and is well worth hunting out the hidden path to get there as there's also another weapon down there too. Also don't discount father g's armour set as it has its uses, it has a very high resistance to poison so comes in very handy in a certain area, and for a certain boss.

The charred hunter set can be found in old Yarnham this has a high resistance to fire, don't dismiss stuff based on the pure blunt or thrust stats as everything has its uses.

Comment

I suck at this game, Blood-Starved Beast is absolutely wrecking me....

Comment

his poison attack can kill you very quick if only there was something that helped with poison resistance

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                          I suck at this game, Blood-Starved Beast is absolutely wrecking me....
                          Yes you suck. It is easy. Just follow these 3 simple steps:-
                          1) Hit the boss when you are supposed to
                          2) Don't get hit
                          3) Be 100% accurate in the above.

There you go, easy!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            if you explore the Yarnham hunter set can be had for nowt as its in the first level, its in a separate part of the sewer and is well worth hunting out the hidden path to get there as there's also another weapon down there too. Also don't discount father g's armour set as it has its uses, it has a very high resistance to poison so comes in very handy in a certain area, and for a certain boss.

The charred hunter set can be found in old Yarnham this has a high resistance to fire, don't dismiss stuff based on the pure blunt or thrust stats as everything has its uses.
                            Incorrect, that is the Hunters set that you find in the sewers, not the Yharnam Hunters set.

Elements play little part in Bloodborne. Everything may have uses, but all you actually need is a high Physical DEF. You can buff anything else on top of that, and it will outweigh that of resist armor. The same thing applies to weapons, even if your Arcane is stupidly high. The place where the Father G set comes in handy you can run across in under ten seconds (especially as there are two Antidotes sitting there on the shore anyway), and B-s B is so predictable that you don't even need to take an antidote along the fight, thus rendering it totally pointless over something with high Physical DEF.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 11:37.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              his poison attack can kill you very quick if only there was something that helped with poison resistance
                              Ah yes! Thank you!!

Though where is Father G's Armour set?? I swear I haven't been able to buy it??

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                              Yes you suck. It is easy. Just follow these 3 simple steps:-
                              1) Hit the boss when you are supposed to
                              2) Don't get hit
                              3) Be 100% accurate in the above.

There you go, easy!
                              Dang it! I knew I was doing something wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                                Though where is Father G's Armour set?? I swear I haven't been able to buy it??
                                You have to kill Father G, and then you can buy it for Insight. You'll need six for the complete set.

I'm wearing it in this picture.

For B-s B, stay close to his left hip. His attacks are easiest to evade that way. Always leave yourself enough stamina to escape at the end of a combo too, though he'll probably run off into a wall anyway.
                                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 11:38.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X