No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The White Church Set is better against poison than Father G...its found just round the corner from a very poisonous area too.

Messed up with another NPC yesterday so no doubt I've ruined another quest, I get too carried away with swinging my giant sword in places I shouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      The place where the Father G set comes in handy you can run across in under ten seconds (especially as there are two Antidotes sitting there on the shore anyway), and B-s B is so predictable that you don't even need to take an antidote along the fight, thus rendering it totally pointless over something with high Physical DEF.
      I've been watching the youtube channel of the guy who wrote the guide and worked with from on it, so I will take his advice over someone who is just running the game in speed mode if you don't mind

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        I've been watching the youtube channel of the guy who wrote the guide and worked with from on it, so I will take his advice over someone who is just running the game in speed mode if you don't mind
        Can you link me up to that youtube channel mate? I've just had Bloodborne arrive today, and will need all the help I can get within minutes I imagine.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI6...xmfeiuAATv7jZw this guy hes really intresting to watch i didnt watch his stuff till id played the level to see what id missed he discuses the lore too and its a very good series to watch.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI6...xmfeiuAATv7jZw this guy hes really intresting to watch i didnt watch his stuff till id played the level to see what id missed he discuses the lore too and its a very interesting watch.
            That guy is awesome. I watched some of his Demon and Dark souls 1 stuff.

Comment

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Regardless of what game guide boy says, the area can still be traversed in under ten seconds. There is literally no need to swap out armor just for that purpose. If you go through the house to the side, and take the secret passage you don't even need to run anyway. LOL

I'm not running the game in speed mode, it's more like you are crawling through it on slow mode. I happen to be very good at it, the same as I was very good at Demon's and Dark. Creeping along at a snail's pace, and playing defensively is not what this game is about. Though you don't seem to understand that part, even though it is staring you in the face because YOU HAVE NO SHIELD.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 12:10.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Superb, thanks for that. Will keep that bookmarked for possible viewing in times of need.

Comment

Joe, dude. Just let people play the way they want to. If someone enjoys playing it in defense mode, then accept that. It doesn't take away from your enjoyment of the game so why all these huge issues?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Regardless of what game guide boy says, the area can still be traversed in under ten seconds. There is literally no need to swap out armor just for that purpose. If you go through the house to the side, and take the secret passage you don't even need to run anyway. LOL

I'm not running the game in speed mode, it's more like you are crawling through it on slow mode. I happen to be very good at it, the same as I was very good at Demon's and Dark. Creeping along at a snail's pace, and playing defensively is not what this game is about. Though you don't seem to understand that part, even though it is staring you in the face because YOU HAVE NO SHIELD.
                    ten seconds? old yahnham can be done in ten seconds? the first time i got to old yarnham i explored it and it took me about 40 mins to get to the boss and open the shortcuts. enemys in this area poison you, so having higher poison resist is a real benefit if one gets a hit on you, less chance of getting fast poisoned saves blood, so higher poison resit armour has it's benefit to mid tier players who are getting hit.

I'm sorry where all not god like at this game like you, but i think your advice so far has been pretty bad and is only for people that arent getting hit, when i get to a new area, i want to suss out the enemy's attacks and attack them accordingly im also not sure what this shielded game-play you talk about is having never played a souls game before.

actually watch this vid skip to 18'20 in this he talks about both ways of playing it, your way and how the dev intended it to be played.

singling enemy's out aggression when needed, for me this is how the games supposed to be played, I'm enjoying it and so are lots of others, as i said skip to 20 mins in he dose a really good explanation of how to tackle most combat situations from the dev's point of view.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 01-04-2015, 12:49.

Comment

I do accept it. People need to accept that I'm playing in offense mode. Why am I some kind of bad guy because I'm good at it? It works both ways. Considering Lebowski has no previous experience of any Souls title, what makes him right over me?
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 13:16.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

ten seconds? old yahnham can be done in ten seconds? the first time i got to old yarnham i explored it and it took me about 40 mins to get to the boss and open the shortcuts. enemys in this area poison you, so having higher poison resist is a real benefit if one gets a hit on you, less chance of getting fast poisoned saves blood, so higher poison resit armour has it's benefit to mid tier players who are getting hit.
                        I forget you haven't played a Souls game before. You'd tend to agree with me about more things if you had. I actually thought you were referring to the poison lake area. Fair enough I suppose. Personally I'd still go for a higher Physical DEF and buff in negate poison via gems. It'd be better in the long run IMO, but as you say I'm probably not taking as many hits as most players. And why would you listen to me when I've platinum'd all of the Souls games? It's not like I know what I'm talking about after all. I think I'll take my own advice over somebody who has never played a Souls game before if you don't mind.

Why do you want to suss out enemies attacks when reaching a new area though? You don't need to attack them in a different way to previous enemies. That's a 100% defnite sign of playing defensively. You're making more work for yourself I think. Just attack on sight, the same with every single other enemy in the game.

I watched your video. That guy sucks at Bloodborne BTW. Either that or he's lying. NOBODY needs to throw molatovs at rats.

Basically it shows that the game is poorly designed as they didn't want you to be able to run in and kill everything at the bonfire, but you can anyway. As he says, if you've played Souls before, you can easily pass that part, if you haven't then you can't. The same rule applies to the ENTIRE game. Pretty much what I've been saying the whole time non?
                        Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 13:28.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI6...xmfeiuAATv7jZw this guy hes really intresting to watch i didnt watch his stuff till id played the level to see what id missed he discuses the lore too and its a very good series to watch.
                          i highly recommended to follow this guy as he was involved in the development of the (delayed) official guide book by Future. he just uploads very slowly so it's likely that most of us already passed his point in the game. nonetheless very informative and entertaining to watch and listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
                            I suck at this game, Blood-Starved Beast is absolutely wrecking me....
                            same with me. after 3 close calls i gave up and summoned help. so if you don't want to farm bloodechoes for hours to level up i recommend to just use co-op. the game is meant to be played this way anyway

Comment

Doing that uses up 1 insight ja? Even if the co-op summon fails?

Comment

Yep. If you want to get more insight or some free boss practice, use your summoning bell for consequence free deaths and insight when you kill the boss.

Comment

Working...
                                X