Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    Bit hasty do you think? There's a reason they're well reviewed, you've got to give it a bit of time and learn the system a bit before it sinks it's teeth in.
    we should accept that Bloodborne wont appeal to lots of gamers due to its gameplay design and difficulty. how many hours of frustration and or boredom are acceptable to finally get into a game? that's a decision every gamer makes on his own.

Comment

Yes this is one tough cookie at times.Just beat the first boss and started to power up my character.A lot of grinding and patients is required

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Yeah. Whether it locks on to who I want is another matter entirely.
        You select who with the right stick. It cycles when you move it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Are you past the bonfire yet? That's by far the biggest test of patience. Lure a couple in at a time and kite them back to the carriage to take them out. The enemies are very dumb, actually. Nothing to worry about unless you bring four or more. You can use pebbles to attract them if you're not sure, but there's really no need.
          It's probably wiser to just run past that entire part. The guy behind the door is the first enemy you would have to take on in a journey towards the boss. You could even skip him really, but he will aggro on the next set, and depending on how fast they are eliminated he might sneak up behind you.

It's possible to run all the way to the bridge if you're lucky. There's an NPC up there, who will dispose of the enemies, which gives you almost instant access to the first boss.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            Haven't played this game yet Ju (still hanging out for my copy to be delivered) but I've finished the last three, so in answer to your question: they're stupidly hard. But it doens't take a game genius to beat them. The fighting mechanics are actually very simple. These are not Bayonetta or Street Fighter games. The atmosphere is the thing. If you allow the atmosphere to draw you in, and accept the fact that you're meant to die and that this is not an aberration or a sign that you 'suck', then you'll find the Souls games hugely compelling. Dying a lot is the point. They're quite relaxing when you accept that.
            Thank you for the reply I will keep this in mind. So far the atmosphere is brilliant died quite a bit, the game certainly does not explain anything.

Comment

Wow, the combat really is different. The no shield factor is a big impact to Souls players. Because of this I've been getting whacked about. Mostly because Is wrecklessly taking on fatty and large group of pitch forkers (such reach!). Really enjoying it though.

Comment

This just happened. LOL.

Any idea what he drops? His item flame was stuck in mid-air. :/

Comment

Fusing your lost echoes with one the dudes that just mullered you is a great, but sneaky beatch feature!

Comment

Just go back there later Dave. It's a badge. It'll be waiting next to the gun.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ah, okay. Thanks.

This guy was the leader of some covenant? I didn't know we had covenants in this.

Just had a look at my music box to find it could have proven itself useful earlier. Ah well, I'll keep that in mind for NG+.

Comment

This game's so good it's got me caning in the Glenfiddich. A fine accompaniment.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          This game's so good it's got me caning in the Glenfiddich. A fine accompaniment.
                          Worth buying a ps4 for, Dave?

We know you are dying to play The order and Driveclub.....

Edit: or secretly playing them and lovin it ;-)
                          Last edited by dvdx2; 28-03-2015, 12:08.

Comment

You need to be wearing a certain outfit for him not to attack you and so you can join. I'm not bothering with any of that this play through. I've sold absolutely everything I've come across to pour souls into levelling up.

My game seems bugged as an NPC is missing. Hopefully it sorts itself out for NG+ otherwise I can't get the platinum unless I start from scratch.

I just found a hidden area with what is an optional boss reminiscent of a boss from Demon's. Pretty good as it's awarded me the Katana.

Oh and remember to always keep your weapons repaired. That seems like the golden rule.
                            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-03-2015, 11:53.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              I knew what to expect coming in. Just not at this degree.
                              The starting area is a failing on Bloodborne's part and is a poor indication of what the rest of the game is like. It's overly tricky and frustrating. Once you find the first shortcut, which lets you bypass the entire bonfire area, the game opens up. From that point on it's easier, more varied, more interesting, you get to level up skills and weapons, and explore and cover distance rather than redoing the same small route over and over. I've played the previous Souls games a good deal and got through the first section after an hour or so of annoyance, but 3 of my friends (we all started last night and were chatting in party) were stuck there for AGES and not enjoying themselves at all!

In the end I talked them through the below and now they're getting stuck in:

clear the first bonfire area by pulling mobs one by one or in small groups with the gun or pebbles. Then take the rifle guys and the dog. From that point you're almost there - head up the stairs and through the gate near where rifle guy was standing on the carriage. Soon you'll get to an area with some boxes at the left hand side that you can smash and then drop down to a level below. Keep working forward, kill some dogs in cages before they get out, and work your way through a dark house and exit on the lower floor. You'll be able to open a gate that lets you bypass the starting area. Job done. From here you can go to a bridge by going up through the same dark house and exiting at the top floor. On the bridge hang a left - you have to kill an ogre guy here and some birds - and you'll be at the first boss. Even if you die here you've unlocked the ability to level up your character back at the cemetery, which certainly helps. Now you have options, don't have to redo that same crappy area over and over, and hopefully will start having fun!

Last edited by H-Man; 28-03-2015, 11:56.

Comment

An easier way is to run past the bonfire. Take on the giant behind the door with a backstab/riposte instant kill, then take on the guys with the dogs. Afterwards run up the stairs and immediately turn left to find Father Gascoigne, who will kill the two werewolves. Then go down through the dark house and unlock the gate. It's cuts out that whole sewer part, which can be quite difficult at first.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X