• Show
Clear All

'accidentally' ...

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
      Accidentally hit an NPC in the Cathedral Ward...they hate me now
      did that too lol! I was like ENEMY!

Comment

I put my controller in my lap, leaned forward to pick up a drink and this caused the R2 to be pressed whereupon I started smashing the doll in the face. I leant back at the point where she had like 1 pixel of health. Next time I came to the dreamworld she was a doll again and I panicked but now she's back to normal, still talking to me etc.

Comment

so according to MrKirov gaining higher insight level spawns new enemies?

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          You can just sprint from each lantern to the boss fight without taking any damage in under 60 seconds, if you want. There's no need to re-clear the path if you don't want to.
          i know but it's annoying nonetheless. Lanterns help to achieve a feeling of progression in the game.

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
          But perhaps I'm playing it wrong
          there is no right or wrong, you can even still favor defensive or slow tactical play, there is at least no penalty for this.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
            'accidentally' ...
            It was!
            I had just talked to them when an undertaker guy whacked me, I rolled away and lunged at him, missed and stabbed the NPC. Its the Crow too so I think I have scuppered a quest line.

I've been keeping my insight below 10 too...the frenzy/poison effect it added to some of the enemies is a pain.
            Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 31-03-2015, 16:04.

Comment

Yes, higher insight spawns new enemies, and harder ones at that. It also lets you see "things" that you couldn't see before, or explains things that were unexplainable... I'll leave it at that

Comment

Perfect sneak attack?

Comment

I'm taking a break for a few days. Like an idiot, I chose the same last boss fight on NG+, which I did on the first game. Now I have to play another game for a trophy. Vicar Amelia is giving me real trouble this time for some reason. I can get her down to the last attack, but it's gone to pot three times in a row and really annoyed me.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Is it worth fortifying the gun?

Comment

It makes the riposte window even bigger from what I gather. At first I ploughed everything into the Saw Cleaver, then when that required the twin shards, I ploughed the remainder into the pistol. I think I was +10 and +6 by the end of the first game. I'm rocking Evelyn now though. It's still a single shot, but it has more priority than the pistol.

The Cannon is insane though. Ten bullets a time, so you only get two shots with it. The riposte window is massive, but it's more of a hindrance than an advantage I find.

I'm going to use the Burial Blade as my main next. The Katana isn't particularly great unless I'm missing something. The Burial Blade is Gherman's weapon. It's two handed in transformed mode, and it has double regain compared to any other weapon. If you can pull off the same moves that Gherman can with it, then it'll fell bosses easily.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 31-03-2015, 21:07.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                        Yes, higher insight spawns new enemies, and harder ones at that. It also lets you see "things" that you couldn't see before, or explains things that were unexplainable... I'll leave it at that
                        harder enemies?

any knowledge on what insight levels?

Comment

Over 40 insight and it gets tedious. Tedious is probably the wrong word. You get more enemies to kill, so more souls to gain. Attack patterns change a little, and boss fights become more interesting. I'm quite sure that Insight is the most important thing in the game. It surely has a greater effect than what we realise currently. I'm sticking to 11 at the moment and storing all Madman's Knowledge until I know more about it.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Can someone tell me what the shiny coins are for?

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                              Can someone tell me what the shiny coins are for?

Comment

At 40 insight you can see an enemy that you couldn't previously see. Anything over 15 and the enemies start becoming harder.

Are the armour sets you can buy with Insight worth it? They look cool but they don't have as good stats as the set I'm rocking at the moment and I'm still early in the game (not done Forbidden Woods because of the progression blocker).

Comment

Working...
                                X