The 12 Games of Kryss-mas 4K GOTY TA-approved edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 12 Games of Kryss-mas 4K GOTY TA-approved edition

Verily! 'Tis the season for buyer's remorse and binge-shopping to go hand-in-hand. Red Thursday (yes, this was a thing apparently), Black Friday weekend, and soon to be Cyber Monday has us all gawking at discounts and suddenly letting our capitalist wants take over. Where is ZenMonkey?? Our 'Shr00m Sage would certainly set us right!!

Anyways, you bought a crapload of games over the last 11 months to add to your Backlog of Shame and rather than being paraded naked through the (internet) streets of the Forum, bring the games into the light and get a couple of them played. They don't have to all be instant GOTY or even from this year, or 4K, ect. The idea has not changed through the years - your mission is to play and post about 12 games from your backlog that you have not touched since purchase BEFORE that blessed of blessed events: the Boxing Day Sales!

And you thought I was going to say Christmas, ha!

START THE FANS PLEASE!! #crystalmaze

Ey kryss-boh. I will play Metal Slader Glory on the famicom which I bought ages ago.

Comment

Failed this last year I think, currently working through Fallen Order and RE6 so will see how I go.

Day 02/31 - Zero Completed

Comment

I normally end up just playing backlog mobile games as that's easiest, but I'll make an effort, Kryss!

Comment

I'll give myself a massive pat on the back if I even switch on a console this month.

Comment

I have such a back catalogue of unplayed games it isn't funny anymore, so I should really make this the hundred and twelve games of Kryssmas

Game 1: Starting off with The Hurricane of the Varstray -Collateral hazard-

It turns out this is a pretty awesome bullet-hell shooter, with so much going on on-screen that it's visually very impressive. I'm not sure there's very much to the game's systems other than shoot lots of stuff, but there are almost as many achievements in this one as I have unplayed games. Stick this on novice mode and even the most timid of shooter players can have some fun with it.

Definitely recommend this one especially given you can pick it up in the Steam sales for £1.39 at the moment. It's almost worth buying twice at that price.

Game 2: Also booted up Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun on Xbox One - kind of a sleathly RTS, it's very fluid but a bit annoying enemy wise. At least it's not save limited so you can keep spamming the save button, needed as it doesn't seem to autosave meaning I lost all progress first time through.
            Last edited by MartyG; 04-12-2019, 07:14.

Comment

Game 1: Pikuniku on the Switch.

Puzzle-platformer picked up on sale a few months back. Kind of enjoying the wobbly mechanic to the main character.
              Apparently I keep breaking stuff and then have to figure out how to fix it - it's like life!

Comment

Game 1: World War Z
                Bought the game pass with the intention to play Forza Horizon 4 and this, but FH4 wouldn't load, so played this.
                So yeah, this is Left 4 Dead then, isn't it?
                Like, it's not even trying to be different.
                However, that's not a bad thing, as this gen has been crying out for a new L4D!

It's actually got a fair bit of spectacle to it, with helicopters flying by and torrents of zombies flowing over walls.
                It starts off tense with silenced pistols needed to clear out of some offices, before it all goes crazy and it's weapons-free.
                The next bit was really tough, partly because of the amount of undead attacking and the fact they can come from most directions, but partly because everybody was not on comms, apart from one guy going "oh no" as we got overwhelmed.

Finally passed that bit by keeping moving and me picking everybody up, only to be told to fortify the defences.
                Stood behind a machine gun, watching an ocean of undead crash over the wall was a bit unnerving!

Finished off the final section in the subway and completed the mission, but it was pretty tough.
                If you want to do the tougher difficulties, you're going to want comms and people who know what they're doing.

In summary: derivative, but bloody brilliant!

Comment

Game 3: Fighter's Legacy

A 2D fighter made in Unity - for what it is, it's okay, but it's definitely not what I would call a fluid fighter, the controls feel quite spongy, almost like they're not quite responding (a bit light playing on Stadia), but considering it's a small indie dev, I'll give it a pass at least.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    I'll give myself a massive pat on the back if I even switch on a console this month.
                    Played an hour of Judgment yesterday. Go me!!

Comment

My intention is to proper begin SKYRIM and proper get to grips with it and get powerful, rather than lose patience and try and turn it into some destined-to-fail GTA type of chaos enterprise.

I say that now but I'll wait and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Played an hour of Judgment yesterday. Go me!!
                        High fives

Comment

Game 2: Forza Horizon 4
                          This is the other game I got a Pass for and it's flippin' lovely.
                          Did the whole opening segment where it takes you through the seasons and it's one of the best introductions to a game I've played in ages - exciting, vibrant, beautiful.
                          Got to the actual game, did a couple of races and the next thing is I'm just mooching around, doing doughnuts and jumps in a quarry.

Really wanted to get into the customisation, but could get into a photo mode, let alone making vinyls. Does this come later?

I honestly spent more time making stickers and stuff on Forza Motorsport 3.

I want to play this more, but have another 10 games to play!

Can I get that Bond Lotus any other way than paying cold hard cash?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Game 2: Forza Horizon 4
                            This is the other game I got a Pass for and it's flippin' lovely.
                            Did the whole opening segment where it takes you through the seasons and it's one of the best introductions to a game I've played in ages - exciting, vibrant, beautiful.
                            Got to the actual game, did a couple of races and the next thing is I'm just mooching around, doing doughnuts and jumps in a quarry.

Really wanted to get into the customisation, but could get into a photo mode, let alone making vinyls. Does this come later?

I honestly spent more time making stickers and stuff on Forza Motorsport 3.

I want to play this more, but have another 10 games to play!

Can I get that Bond Lotus any other way than paying cold hard cash?
                            I spend most of my time on that mooching around in a morris minor or a austin mini van

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              I spend most of my time on that mooching around in a morris minor or a austin mini van
                              "Hey kewl driver dewd, you can start earning rep, but first, you can choose what car you want to start with:
                              A Ford Fiesta, like what you drove when you were 17; an Audi TT like dickhead salesman across the land or a mother chuffin' DODGE CHARGER like the Dukes of Hazzard. What will you choose?"

Tough choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X