No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First playthrough pile two out of three into stamina and one into HP. Around 20 each will suffice. Ideally you want a combo of five hits plus a roll back. Then work on Strength. Once you have those to 20 each, work on Skill. The bottom two can be left until NG+. Bloodtinge should be next in NG+ though, it'll boost your gun handling. Arcane isn't generally needed until much later. You won't have any use for it until very late in the first game, but you can ignore it until NG+++ in real terms. You could spend hours in Cainhurst to really boost stats.

My build currently is everything at 28, with Arcane at 10. I'm working towards 15 so I can use a few items I've picked up including an AOE and missile attacks.

Getting your trick weapon as close to +10 will help out a lot too. Plus you can mess with your stats with gems and runes. I currently have a HP boost in slot 1, and rapid Stamina regen in slot 2, and I swap between double souls, a 200HP on riposte boost, or an extended invisible evasion in slot 3. The fourth slot is Corruption, which means my life regens when my bar falls to 10%. There are half and full runes too. I've only got a few full runes so far. My weapon slots are all boosting my Attack power, with a little bit of negate poison.

Of course you don't have to do any of that, but it's helped me immensely with my Lone Survivor starting class.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 18:48.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

And here's a tip.

If you've beaten B-s B, take an immediate right from the Cathedral Ward lamp. When you take the lift, turn around. Halfway up you can take a secret exit, which will net you a great item and a secret trophy.

Also, kill Eileen the Crow ASAP. It'll help you in the long run.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 19:13.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

All this talk of rushing enemies, being super offensive, 'not' taken it slow and charging around everywhere is putting me off.

I want Demon Souls II....
        Last edited by 'Press Start'; 01-04-2015, 19:41. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
          I want Demon Souls II....
          It would be my favourite game of this gen. Proper Demon's though, not Dark.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
            All this talk of rushing enemies, being super offensive, 'not' taken it slow and charging around everywhere is putting me off.
            I've started today, right now I have to get used not to hit triangle to switch between one- and two-hand wielding; also having the the weapon switch on L1 instead of R2 got enemies some free hits.
            BTW, is it just me or the camera is even wilder than in the Souls games? The Cleric Beast got me when the camera got stuck around the bridge hiding everything from sight.
            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 01-04-2015, 20:25.

Comment

The default buttons are pretty good I reckon. The camera is the same I think. The game itself runs faster though, and the camera often can't keep up with the action. You'll get used to it soon enough though. It's not really a problem unless there is an enemy outside of a group. Lock-on likes to default to the one you don't want for some reason.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Buttons work well, however after so many hours with the Souls games, habits aren't easy to forget.

Comment

we already have Lords of the Fallen and Bloodborne, so there is no reason to complain as a Souls fan yet. i am sure Dark Souls 3 is already worked on. hopefully they use a more powerful enginge this time.

Comment

This is the dog's nuts. Different to the Souls games but in a refreshing way. Just got killed trying to take on some crows whilst someone was shooting be with a minigun but that was my first death tonight.

Comment

I think the bosses have it in for me, they have a massive hard on whenever I enter the arena. Right now the spider boss is gravelording me. I watched youtube to see how people do it and it looks simple, but whenever I do it I get insta killed by those falling spiders that rain down on you. And yes, I am running and trying to avoid them. Level 52 now.

Comment

I must be approaching the last hurdles now, although I've just had around three different paths open up for me.

I'll be out from Friday to Monday. Gutted. At least I can begrudgingly continue with my Dark Souls II run.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          I must be approaching the last hurdles now, although I've just had around three different paths open up for me.

I'll be out from Friday to Monday. Gutted. At least I can begrudgingly continue with my Dark Souls II run.
                          Still 'borrowing' that ps4 Dave? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                            Still 'borrowing' that ps4 Dave? ;-)
                            Yeah, the PSN tag is 'Goldenface30', belonging to Druvinda Rodrigo.

That's a few days out of date, though. I've gotten around six more trophies since then.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 02-04-2015, 07:00.

Comment

One more optional boss left- got it down 3/4 of the way but the camera in this can be shockingly bad. Having to stay close to a massive enemy, but the camera being so bad you can't see where I am/what the enemy is doing/look for tells, then it gets stuck behind scenery and zooms in even more...

Bit of a shambles in some fights, it's like they just copy/pasted the camera from DS, but the faster pace of BB means it's not good enough. I've still battled through most of the optional content so far, and I'm sure I'll beat him- I'm just surprised none of the reviews mentioned how bad it was at times.

Comment

bloody bagmen, one hit from them takes off 90% of my energy they carried me off to a new area too, am I supposed to kill them or ignore them?

Comment

Working...
                                X