Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    I watched your video. That guy sucks at Bloodborne BTW.
    He's informative and engaging through out his vid's I wouldn't call him crap, narrating and playing is a skill in itself, also remaining engaging is hard work and he's constantly that too. You on the other hand have spent your entire time blowing your own trumpet and telling us where playing it wrong. so put your money where your mouth is upload some vids to youtube via shareplay and show the whole bloodborne community how rubbish we all are and how great you are

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      He's informative and engaging through out his vid's I wouldn't call him crap, narrating and playing is a skill in itself, also remaining engaging is hard work and he's constantly that too. You on the other hand have spent your entire time blowing your own trumpet and telling us where playing it wrong. so put your money where your mouth is upload some vids to youtube via shareplay and show the whole bloodborne community how rubbish we all are and how great you are
      Do you understand the concept of video editing? He's clearly doing voice over from the vocabulary he uses.

Why is it so hard to accept that J0e is good at this game BTW?

Comment

People do accept he is good at the game. He's just doing a lot of posturing and telling us we're all wrong which is rubbing people up the wrong way. The game can be played however people want to play it. I know Joe is playing the optimum way but some of us aren't that good or enjoy playing a different way and are getting fed up with constantly being told that we're wrong and that we need to #jointheelite.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
          People do accept he is good at the game. He's just doing a lot of posturing and telling us we're all wrong which is rubbing people up the wrong way. The game can be played however people want to play it. I know Joe is playing the optimum way but some of us aren't that good or enjoy playing a different way and are getting fed up with constantly being told that we're wrong and that we need to #jointheelite.
          Well, that's exactly it isn't it? There isn't a correct way of playing it, though you could argue there are better ways than others.

In that vein, talking about playing the game as the dev intended is also false.

The removal of shields is definitely an indications to me that this game was designed to be played more offensively though, no more lurk behind shield tactics.
          Last edited by speedlolita; 01-04-2015, 15:21.

Comment

I think you'll find that I was the one who was wrong originally because I had finished it in 10 hours, which is somehow to be considered witchcraft. Everybody knows I don't like to be told I'm wrong. Even more so being told I was wrong by somebody with no prior experience of the series.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

For my second night playing it I followed J0e's advice and did better as a result. Basically I just stopped being scared of stuff; go running right up to their face and start hacking away before they have time to even react to you being there. I'm still rubbish of course but those tactics definitely work. They work much better if you are skilled at knowing when to back off etc. of course.

Comment

what are you guys arguing about here? there is no right or wrong as long as everyone enjoys the game he's playing. honestly i don't get how i could enjoy this game rushing through it in just 10 hours but if Joe does then okay.

@ Joe,
                maybe you just should stop indicating that the rest of us is basically crap at the game because we are playing it wrong. that's the message a lot of us get here i have the feeling.

Comment

Word to Uli my man, i think that's what we have been saying for quite a few pages now.

but god first joe now speedy, i'm out

If it wasn't bad enough before now we have some clueless muppet who hasn't even played the game fellating Joe's ego.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 01-04-2015, 15:49.

Comment

The point I've been trying to get across is that if you go on the offensive, you'll have a better time. It will reduce the game's difficulty immensely. Everybody seems far too stubborn to even give it a try. It clearly works or I wouldn't be bleating on about it so much.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      The point I've been trying to get across is that if you go on the offensive, you'll have a better time. It will reduce the game's difficulty immensely. Everybody seems far too stubborn to even give it a try. It clearly works or I wouldn't be bleating on about it so much.
                      but then Nobody's really said there playing super defensively???

Comment

I don't think J0e's saying we're playing it wrong because we should be able to do it in 10 hours. I imagine he'll admit that he didn't search every nook and cranny in that 10hr run. But he's right about not slowly grinding your way through mobs after a death. Unless you're grinding for consumables, once you've gone through an area that way and died at the boss surely it makes more sense to just leg it through there next time? He does come across as arrogant - he always has - but I find that internet posts aren't always the best medium fo gauging the tone of someone's opinion. Also, I've found his approach works and it makes more sense when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                          but then Nobody's really said there playing super defensively???
                          The impression I get from posts is that people are playing it the older Souls way and exercising extreme caution, which in turn is making the game more difficult. I'm playing exactly the opposite to that, which is why I'm finding the game easy. It also explains how my times are way lower than other people's. You don't have a shield, so your only form of defence is offense. If you rush somebody, they have almost no chance of killing you. Even if you take a hit, you can regain your life by attacking back instantly. You are seemingly invincible if you know how to work it.

I'm really not trying to be arrogant, but I honestly think that people are making the game even more difficult for themselves because of the way they are playing it.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 16:13.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

From my experience so far, Bloodborne is more streamline than souls, plus the dynamic difficulty with Insight level, makes it easier to access than the souls games.
                            The only annoying part are the loading times, warping from and to hunter's dream and respawning after death. I'm so sick of it, that i actually got a SSD for the console, and I only got 1 game on the ps4... besides psn+ freebies

Comment

The loading times are quite annoying. Hopefully the patch sorts it out. They really need to add in lamp warping too. It's stupid having to go to Hunter's Dream everytime. There's really no reason for it not to be in.

I'm off of work tomorrow. If anybody wants to co-op, I can show you how I play, but you'll need to be within my level 90 to join. TBH, I could use some help to take down Vicar Amelia. I can return the favour with any other boss. Amelia is the only one who gives me trouble.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 01-04-2015, 17:08.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

From my play through I reckon there are 3 ways to play.... creep and explore every nook and corner, pick up everything and (hopefully) find the shortcut... before the boss skull ****s you.

After that... Benny Hill it through the level back to the boss... probably dying again. Try that again.... be killed by a swinging spiky log and throw the controller at the cat.

Repeat and kill boss.

Then third way is just get in everyone's face and slaughter them for vials/echoes etc.

Now that even a buffoon like me is making good progress, id say that you should pile all your early upgrades into your stamina stat. Most enemies are so predictable that as long as you have the energy to roll away you'll be fine.
                                Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 01-04-2015, 19:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X