No announcement yet.

Bloodborne review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't played this game yet Ju (still hanging out for my copy to be delivered) but I've finished the last three, so in answer to your question: they're stupidly hard. But it doens't take a game genius to beat them. The fighting mechanics are actually very simple. These are not Bayonetta or Street Fighter games. The atmosphere is the thing. If you allow the atmosphere to draw you in, and accept the fact that you're meant to die and that this is not an aberration or a sign that you 'suck', then you'll find the Souls games hugely compelling. Dying a lot is the point. They're quite relaxing when you accept that.

Comment

You can't summon against that boss unless you spend 10k on a special item. You can get Fire Paper from the vendor. It's 1730 a time though. A maximum of two is all you'll need. Keep practicing. Once you get the patterns down, it's a really easy boss. You only want to hit twice then dodge. Once it kneels, you can go mad on it. You can always take on the fifth boss first too. That area is really easy, as the enemies are really weak. The fifth boss is just a normal enemy with a huge life bar. It didn't even hit me once.

Bloodborne is way easier than the Soul's games IMO. I don't feel afraid to take on any enemy. The VA is godly.
      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-03-2015, 19:22.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

In da house...

Comment

no, practice time is over for me. i studied youtube guides and had about 20 attempts at this boss, i want to make some progress now. co-op should work for me as i am the host - as far as i have learned.

Comment

You can't co-op that boss. You have to buy a key for 10k to unlock summoning.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

oh man did this boss piss me off. i had to spend 3 of my 4 insights to find finally find me capable co-op partner to finish him. even then it was a close call. i was already determined to sell the game if i would lose my last insight without success.

no idea what Fromsoft were smoking when deciding to make this the first level boss. i know i am crap at this game but surely this boss will put many gamers off, especially series new comers. so expect lots of second hand copies coming in soon.

@ Joe, you just need a special item for invading and helping others out.

Comment

What's all this? Notoriously hard game is hard?

Comment

Is there anything to be gained from

killing the wolfy beast at the very

beginning? The pugilist in me wants to serve it a bowl of cheeky fisty cuffs

Comment

Trying to Pure Platinum any of PlatinumGames' output is harder.

They should just force that in future, make everything one-shot you, like a shmup.

Comment

No. The main gate to Central Yharnam has to be open before you can summon. From put it in to make people think the game was bugged, but it is actually intentional and is one of the bosses powers. You can unlock it through exploration, which is likely what you did. Otherwise you can buy a key for 10k to unlock it instantly.

You can farm Souls quite easily in the Cathedral area. Some enemies will drop 798 every time. I spent around three hours there last night. I'm level 42 now, and my weapons are +6. I'm quite over-powered for the area I'm currently in. I think I'll complete my first run by Saturday with a bit of luck.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Is there anything to be gained from

killing the wolfy beast at the very

beginning? The pugilist in me wants to serve it a bowl of cheeky fisty cuffs
                        Nothing. That's exactly what I did, in a typical curry house style kick-off. The scrap went from room to room with lots of stuff getting knocked over in the process.

Comment

My first big loss of 80000 souls.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Gutted.

Losing currency on Souls games is just as bad as losing money in real life at times.

Comment

Not a problem. The place where I'm now, I can farm 100,000 in around ten minutes. I'm just going to stay here all day and power-level I think.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Isn't that going to make things even easier? I tried to purposely farm as little as possible on DS2.

Comment

Working...
                                X