Ori (Xbox One, PC - 360 version to follow) review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indie dev studio called, Moon Studios.

Moon Studios is an independent developer.The company was founded in 2010 by Thomas Mahler (former Cinematic Artist at Blizzard Entertainment) and Gennadiy Korol (former Senior Graphics Engineer at Animation Lab).

Comment

Spoiler re gameplay from about 2 hours 30 mins onwards.

Really didn't find having to fire myself and fire the missile through about five deflectors much fun personally. Still need to get past the rising water, tried a couple of times and ggrrrr, found it pretty tough

Comment

Finished this today in just under 12 hours. I had 4 of the worlds at 100% complete and was planning to do a full 100% after completing the game but guess what? There's no way to go back to your game once it's finished! What a load of bull sh:t that is. You can only start a new Game. No returning to finish off the map.

Another issue I have with the game is that it can't restart when left in the background when using another app on th Xbox. The game just crashes every time. This is quite annoying. I hope they patch this bug and patch it so it's possible to continue after competing the game.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 22-03-2015, 14:16.

Comment

Ori and GTAboth do that. It's annoying

Comment

It is annoying. Such a shame as Ori is a fantastic game but why not let you reenter the game to find all the hidden extras and complete each map. That's just bad insight.

Comment

Not exactly first play but a good article on the developer and how the game took almost five years to make yet they made their money back in a week etc

Ori and the Blind Forest took nearly five years to develop, but only one week to turn a profit.Developer Moon Studios' …

Comment

I'm at 99% now, 22.5 hours later. I've loved it overall, very charming and for some reason reminded me of an Amiga game, such is the art style.

But damn me there's some hard bits in it, never sworn so much. Definitely a controller hurl inducing game, but also has that pull that makes you keep coming back. Any tips on the last part, i thought the water stage was bad enough!

Did it ever come out on the 360?

Comment

Working...
                X