Zombie Army Trilogy review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie Army Trilogy review

Got this Tuesday morning,earliest I've had a game,that's if 6th March still stands.
    Bought it on PS4.Enjoying it as a single player but this would really shine in co-op mode
    Set over 15 levels,waves of different types of undead Germans come at you.You have most of the common Second World War weaponry to dispatch the undead.The sniper X-Ray mode is present and still I haven't got bored of seeing a skull demolish from a well placed bullet at a good distance.
    The graphics engine is basic,I'm understanding that is used the V2 engine and not Sniper elite 3,if that is correct but portray the gritty 1940's good enough.
    The levels are usually defend your position from a certain building as well as searching for ammo dumps and corpses.Hidden gold bars are scattered around the levels to be collected for bonus points and trophy unlock.
    The music is very good and reminds me of John Carpenter.Anybody who's seen the 4-5 mins trailer will understand.
    This title is priced around the ?25 mark but can be picked up for ?21.If you're a fan of the Sniper Elite series or love co-op play,I'd recommend this title,basic but fun
    Update---Forgot to mention this game offers 3D support even for the telescopic sights.Haven't tried this mode on my TV.Will report the effects of 3D later
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

thanks for the impressions Edd, i will definitely pick this up at some point. 3D support is great news, seems like an old forgotten feature these days. is it PS4 exclusive or on Xbox One too?

would love to see a DLC "revenge of the zombies" where you play a zombie sniper on a mission to assassinate Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt. unlikely to happen though

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
      thanks for the impressions Edd, i will definitely pick this up at some point. 3D support is great news, seems like an old forgotten feature these days. is it PS4 exclusive or on Xbox One too?

would love to see a DLC "revenge of the zombies" where you play a zombie sniper on a mission to assassinate Stalin, Churchill and Roosevelt. unlikely to happen though
      No probs The 3D effect is quite immersive,lots of depth.I'm enjoying the levels on my own,might not be everybody's cup of tea,but sniping hordes of Zombies is jut simple fun

Comment

Does it have random matchmaking too ?

Comment

that's an interesting question, i doubt it though. Edd?

also, anyone knows if the 3D feature is PS4 exclusive or also on Xbox One?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
            Does it have random matchmaking too ?
            Don't think so only seen the options for Quick game and Private.

Comment

Loving this, the music, the atmosphere. The 3D is really good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                Loving this, the music, the atmosphere. The 3D is really good as well.
                3D works really well,it's a basic title IMO but bloody addictive

Comment

Does seem to be getting 5/10 or 6/10 in most places, I thought it was a budget release to be honest. Quite shocked to see it was forty quid retail and digitally. Couple of friends who have it say it's great fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                    Does seem to be getting 5/10 or 6/10 in most places, I thought it was a budget release to be honest. Quite shocked to see it was forty quid retail and digitally. Couple of friends who have it say it's great fun though.
                    It is really fun and quite cheap with a few online retailers.

Comment

I love the slow mo bullet kills...kind of like fallout.

Yeah, seems like a budget title, but loads of fun and really addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE View Post
                        I love the slow mo bullet kills...kind of like fallout.

Yeah, seems like a budget title, but loads of fun and really addictive.
                        I agree, I am enjoying it

Comment

I picked up Sniper Elite 3 the other day in the Xbox sales for $10. I can see this going the same way so basically I'm passing on it till it drops.

Comment

Working...
                          X