No announcement yet.

The Order 1886 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's remember it's a cinematic experience, surely such a chapter is necessary to build up momentum for the big final

if your done with The Order, you should go back to Ryse and you will see it in a whole different, most likely more positive light.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post

the internet is unforgiving and cruel
      Is this the new Hitler video? I've seen it used for Evolve and its DLC as well.

Comment

Any other impressions on the game that don't end up with a mention of Ryse?

Comment

I really enjoyed it to be honest.

- Great graphics (Best in this genre I've seen so far)
          - Animation is slick
          - Great sound (Turn up that surround sound!)
          - Plays well, didn't get stuck on any corners etc
          - Short and sweet
          - Easy platinum

Don't think of it as an action game... Go with interactive experience. Like.... Heavy Rain but with more action.

Might put mine up for sale now that I've done all I can with it...
          Last edited by Rikachu; 22-02-2015, 21:40.

Comment

I completed it this morning,really enjoyed it.Graphics were breathtaking at certain points.A special mention goes to it's surround sound coding..superb.Ive missed a few items and a bit gutted that the chapter select doesn't show the trinkets you've missed.Great ride while it lasts

Comment

I Liked it, but i got it from the store, and feel a little annoyed about the shortness, as i cant see it being put on again, but i did enjoy it, i liked the setting , what i dont like is that at the end the story didint really make much sense.

and for a story driven game that was strange, also i knew it was for the cinematic look, but i do hope games dont go for the film letterbox approach to often , its a game we dont really need that in my opinion.

Comment

How long has it taken you guys to finish it do you think?

Comment

I heard it's so short you can complete it without taking the shrinkwrap off.

Comment

Not far off if it wasn't for the cutscenes. At a guess, without sprinting through I'd say the estimates of 5-7hrs are about right

Comment

Trying to mop up the last few trinkets but nightmare not knowing which chapter their on

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                        Trying to mop up the last few trinkets but nightmare not knowing which chapter their on
                        Are the cutscenes unskippable if you replay a chapter?

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                          Are the cutscenes unskippable if you replay a chapter?
                          Sadly no

Comment

Got the platinum trophy earlier.I only had 3 bloody trinkets left
                            Did enjoy this from start to finish.Shame there was no extras and replay value as I loved the story and the audio and visuals.Also loved the alternative Victorian London with a great atmosphere.Would recommend it if you like story driven games and can buy it cheap enough

Comment

Well I'm really enjoying this ... Loving the setting: the look, mood and atmosphere of the game , the sound is also incredible. While the basic firefights are nothing that special, the werewolf battles are totally brilliant.

Most prob the best looking game made for a console so far too , it just looks incredible ! .

Comment

This guy's equally as impressed:

Comment

Working...
                                X