Super Stardust Ultra review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Stardust Ultra review

Got it this morning for ?9.99. Forgot how addictive it is.

More of the same with a graphical update. All the enemies are instantly familiar, certainly on the first three levels. The power ups you collect are spoken to you through the controller, as is the weapon choice as you cycle through.

I have never played a game in 3d before and thought this was fantastic; when you crash all the little explosion pieces come towards you out of the screen, and rocks etc as they drop zoom away from you. Looks very cool.

I literally only played two games, both in 3d. Found the rock with the number around it thing very hard this time, guess i am just out of practice. Can also do two player split screen aswell i believe.

10/10. Can see myself putting a lot of hours into this.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Great game looks brill in 1080p.The 3D depth is superb.Love the choice of musical score but I'm a sucker for the original

Comment

In 3d does it drop the res or framerate? Thanks!

Comment

Yeah going to get this when my exams are done this week.
        And the next Resogun expansion is out next week too! Shooter heaven.

Comment

Just downloaded, so i'll give it a rattle later - loved the first one

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            In 3d does it drop the res or framerate? Thanks!
            Yes it runs in 720p in 3D,still looks great though

Comment

Just checked the PS store and this is ?7-99 offering you 20% off bloody paid ?9-99 yesterday morning.

Comment

Likewise. Still, i was on it for four hours this evening so well worth the extra ?2.

I set a high score of 7m odd and could not beat it, took the whole for hours, now at 9m odd.

I added you Edd so i have someone to compare scores with.

Comment

Sony normally put new releases up early, then apply the promised PS+ discount around 3pm, dodgy gits like that, check the PS Blog, is a regular moan from people each week.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                    Likewise. Still, i was on it for four hours this evening so well worth the extra ?2.

I set a high score of 7m odd and could not beat it, took the whole for hours, now at 9m odd.

I added you Edd so i have someone to compare scores with.
                    Just accepted you Pavey

Comment

is there any incentive to buy this game again on PS4 apart from it's few additional modes, like new planets or enemies?

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                      Yes it runs in 720p in 3D,still looks great though
                      must be a bad joke if true, because Super Stardust HD on PS3 already handles 3D in 720@60p!

Comment

Ah too addictive! Have to tear myself away to go to work. Impact and Bomber modes are probably my favourites so far.

Although in this day and age, should there not be a "try again" option rather than having to go back to the main menu at the end of every game??

Comment

Agreed, it must be close to double figures how many times you have to press x to get another game going quickly.

Comment

Trying to beat Gedi's score on Blockade.

35m Impact run

Comment

Working...
                            X