Toxikk review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxikk review

So, I gave the game a shot after remembering it causing a minor wave on announcement. It's just entered Early Access and so I've had the chance to put a couple of games into it. The main thing that was it's selling point was the PC pushing visuals so after hearing positive things about the game so far I decided to give it a punt.

First things first, as with most Early Access stuff it's still pretty bare boned. Currently there's only one map in rotation which is set in a back alley. As per the games selling points it's all very 90's run and gun death match orientated as you are placed on either the blue or red team and mostly tasked with gunning the opposition. Retro style, health and weapons are all handled via pick ups and ammo isn't a concern. The game however doesn't feature controller support however some fiddling with Xpadder sorted that out and due to the nature of the gameplay there's little sense of being behind others because of it.

Visually it's solid. It's all clear and it runs super smooth, though it's not going to be visual showcase it was originally hoped to be. The game is made in Unreal Engine and has that typical 'Unreal' look to it. It's consistency though, especially this early on, is impressive.

In short, if you're after that retro 90's PC online deathmatch experience this seems to be delivering it in slick manner though the current content is too light. It's probably best to wait and see how other maps turn out as they'll also introduce vehicles and more as they go. So far though it's worth keeping an eye on.
    1 - Toxikk by Britney Spears
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    5 - Mild Upset
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    10 - Toxikk Spill Creates Superhero Skills!
    0%

Gah, now I have the stupid song on my brain.

Comment

Working...
    X