Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uli View Post
    thanks. no silencers to be found?

yes, it's strange that some really good games get mostly ignored here. i was pretty much the only one who played the Lords of Fallen. must be to do with a dwindling number of active forum users.
    no silencers - infact no gun modding at all, which is a disappointment; lots of grenade types though, with throwing stars/axes/knives/Molotovs.

Comment

Who needs guns when you have exploding ninja stars?!

Comment

Still really enjoying this, made it to the second area last night after almost 20 hours. This game is massive!

Totally different game to the one it started as too, my guy is so fast and getting about now. Very entertaining.

The story is a bit naff though and the characters just go on and on. Ugh.

Comment

There's a second area? I'm overwhelmed with the first one!

Just spent an hour picking herbs...

Edit - Which I won't be doing again as the save system is a joke. Found all the lavendar and dulse, couldn't be arsed trekking across the map to turn them in so did another 2 close by quests. Have just made it to the place to turn the herb missions in...collected 0/12 + 0/5 apparently. Story missions only now I think.
          Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 11-03-2015, 09:04.

Comment

So...went back to side quests...that one where you collect the bridge bulbs was great! When I wasn't falling to my death

Did the lavendar one...if it pulls the reset trick on me with the coffee one though I may lose my cool!

Also, the grappling hook is a great unlock, I've been zipping up to the bridge and dropkick bombing zombies off it! Now I'm powered up I spend a lot more time out at night too.
            Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 15-03-2015, 16:58.

Comment

Yeah the grapple is fun, I find my levelling slows down since getting it though since you don't get as much XP for using it.

I gave up doing all of the collection side missions, I hate that kind of busy-work in games. Ahh yeah, that Bridge mission was ace

Also my new favourite thing - firecrackers in pools of oil in busy areas. Loads of XP!

Comment

There is one point later in the game, where if you have a full supply of molotovs, you can just stand around and atch them burn. Literally hundreds of them. It's brilliant.

Comment

Even though I have the platinum and have put in over 60 hours, I still love this. I've pretty much done everything in the game, yet I'm still having fun helping others and even just dossing about Old Town with the zipline, slicing zombies limbs off and just generally laying waste to anything that gets in my way.

Easily the best game I've played this gen.

Comment

I've just finished the game on PC and the ending is a huge anti climax after the great build up. The story is very meh, I didn't care about any of the characters and I was skipping most of the cut scenes, the entire playthrough felt like an expansion pack for FarCry 3, apart from the parkour stuff there was nothing new at all in this game and it felt like a mish mash of fps ideas from the past 6 years or so.

Graphically the game is very good, I'm running it almost on the highest settings at 1080p and there is a high level of detail in the environments and textures, my only graphical gripe is the limited number of zombie skins, after an hour or so you'll have seen all of the dozen or so standard shuffler skins.

There are very noticable copy and paste jobs throughout the entire game and is most obvious with the buses, all the dead bodies, weapons and bags are in the exact same places in every single bus that isn't empty. Even the little bakery stores are almost exactly the same in the slums area of the map and have thier tall fridges and cash registers in the same layout.

I got very bored during the last missions in the slum area and came very close to turning it off and abandoning the playthrough but I soldiered on and was pleasently surprised by the change of scenery in the Old Town. But after an hour or so it was very much business as usual of countless fetch missions...

The combat is heavily focussed toward melee and there is only 6 different guns in the entire game. Parts of the missions, especially the underground/sewers parts are clearly geared more toward a corridoor FPS style but the guns on offer don't lend themselves to this type of gameplay, this is a bit of an irk really as they're holding guns that should have been in the retail release back as DLC.

For me the game is a 7/10, it's a fun game and the night missions are genuinely scary but there is nothing here that hasn't been done it other games before. There's a bit of sloppy design in the layout of the world and I hated the constantly respawning enemies, if I cleared a small area out (like the last part of the bridge in the slums) I don't expect zombies to appear out of nowhere...

I have to respect the balls of the developers to add toddler/children zombies to the game, I only ever encountered 3 during my game time but I think this is possibly the only retail game where you can kill child like enemies without modding. It's all done quite tastefully too as the 'screamers' must be silenced as quickly as possible due to them attracting 'virals'.

Comment

I was bored by the end too...after a couple of tries at the final mission, I glitched through a wooden floor to my death and decided not to go back. Same happened with Far Cry, as you say they are very similar.

Comment

I just got this. Mainly to do co-op with a friend. It looked good in the trailers. Was 16 quid on PS store for Enhanced Edition which inclueds The Following add-on too. So good value.

Anyway, I keep getting battered. Is there no breathing space? I Parkoured up a a building thinking I had time to take a look around, but the ****ers are still getting up to me! Zombie parkourers!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                          I just got this. Mainly to do co-op with a friend. It looked good in the trailers. Was 16 quid on PS store for Enhanced Edition which inclueds The Following add-on too. So good value.
                          Apparently, Dying Light is on next months PS+ offering along with Dark Souls Remastered. *runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            Apparently, Dying Light is on next months PS+ offering along with Dark Souls Remastered. *runs away*

Comment

Well I was wrong about the PS+ games, so your purchase was good!

Very late in the games life they have just announced a new DLC called Hellraid:

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                                Yeah, it's quite a step down to Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X