No announcement yet.

Dying light PS4/XBOX ONE/PC review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i quite like the game has a lot of rough edges but i love collecting items to make other stuff combat has a weighty feel to it.

First time it turned to night with the volatiles was really nerve shredding and at least you could avoid them

The parkour i am still early in thought it was a bit clunky but has got better

Comment

Had a go. Seems like a typical techland game; few great mechanics but full of game breaking glitches and as eastyy mentioned, rough edges.

They need to up their game as it's at piss taking levels.

Call of Juarez = broken

Dead Island = broken

Dying Light = broken

Very frustrating.

Comment

i always thought dead island and dying light just looked good again besides the rough edges i thought the graphics were decent.

But techland are one of those companies where you get there games and you think if only they took another 6 months on it

Comment

Really enjoying this - if your a dead island fan , you are going to go ape over this (as its pretty much the formula). Superb atmosphere, great audio and visuals and some real graphical wow moments. Had no bugs /glitches yet (ps4). Shame they couldnt get it running at 60fps though.
          Last edited by dvdx2; 31-01-2015, 19:24.

Comment

Keeps getting better - its massive!, shades of everything, from dead island to silent hill; very romero-esq to with a similar day of the dead electronic soundtrack. Later unlocks really open it up - superb game.

Comment

I've completed 89% and my character is really something from when I first started.Still really enjoying it,got some great modded weapons and a nice collection of fire arms

Comment

The game is way better than I could have imagined, I was getting bored of the same environment , when the game threw a major good suprise at me, and shooting the zombies with a police gun later in, is amazing. I love it and certainly am getting my money's worth out of it,

Comment

Started yesterday, loving it so far! Never played Dead Island.

The start is a little slow but having a blast since I've been let out to do my own thing.

Comment

Got this this morning and..... I'm absolutely loving it!

The daylight parts are just Dead Island, but improved with the free running & climbing. That I'd be happy with. However, once night falls... It's a completely different beast. The tension of running to do an objective in the dark, whilst avoiding the zombies is just brilliant.

I can't wait to get further in, as I'm still quite early on. I've done a few missions, but most of my time has been spent exploring.

So far, a solid 8/10.

Comment

A thumbs up from me too My one gripe - why did they take the melee, choose your backswing and hit angle mechanic away from Dead Island? It was brilliant.

Comment

Would love to have seen a few more guns in this, with the possibilty of upgrading them, but yeah a stunning game. I've been playing it for over 4 weeks now

Comment

If either of you are on PS4 and fancy some co-op, add me. Same name as on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                            I've completed 89% and my character is really something from when I first started.Still really enjoying it,got some great modded weapons and a nice collection of fire arms
                            is there enough ammo to be found to make firearms even useful? and how much ammo can you stock up?

Comment

You can buy ammo from traders/pick up from dead bodies etc and different guns, let you stock between 50-100 rounds. Weapons are scarce early in the game, but plenty full later. Using them can attract fast running zombies as well as the common shufflers, so they cant really be used like a game of COD. Useful for igniting gas/fuel and the odd headshot.

This really is a cracking game - hard to believe about 3 people are actually playing it on the forum!

Comment

thanks. no silencers to be found?

yes, it's strange that some really good games get mostly ignored here. i was pretty much the only one who played the Lords of Fallen. must be to do with a dwindling number of active forum users.

Comment

Working...
                                X