No announcement yet.

Biohazard/Resident Evil: Remake HD Remaster review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just real survivor, invisible enemy and knife only run left. Chris playthroughs are rather fun when you can let Rebecca die and kill everything with the infinate launcher

Sadly it cant be used in the other modes. Real survivor will be easy enough with planning, knife only run shouldn't be too bad. It's invisible enemy I'm not looking forward too, it defaults to hard mode iirc- and can be a pain in the ass.

Comment

I thought you could change the difficulty for invisible enemy?

Loving this again, it's a classic. I find myself quoting old action movies and Alan Partridge (see here and here) while playing. I even like the new control style, it opens up some new techniques for knife only runs. You can run real close to one of the standard ****ty zombies and make them lunge for you, then quickly do a 180 and get out of range. Get some free stabs in like that.

Comment

That's a good idea for the knife only run actually!

Comment

How on Earth do you defeat the bosses with Knife only? I can't even contemplate that...

Comment

The bosses mostly have predictable patterns, some are even skipable entirely lol. Spoiler for the last boss:

the rocket that is dropped onto the helipad for you during the last Tirant fight doesn't count as a kill and won't ruin your run, or prevent you from getting the CQC trophy. I think it's because as soon as you press fire, the game triggers the end cinematic. Either that or the developers thought it would be too tough to knife him (which it isn't anyway)

Having only the knife, you are basically carrying only herbs/sprays and key items. If you play as Chris you got a borked inventory but you can take more damage than Jill.

Comment

Proto Crimson head you can circle and dizzy to get behind him- also he's always left handed so you always run to his right. Yawn you can grab the item and go, Yawn second time you have to kill, but get at his tail and he can't hit you. Plant 42 and his tentacles are a pain. Black tiger you can ignore, and run past.

Tyrant first form is the same as a zombie. Circle him and dizzy him so he lunges forward as you're behind him- takes 40+ hits though. The final fight is straight forward as has been said. Although it's possible for the Tyrant to bat away one of the rocket shots, so not sure if that counts as a weapon use of he does that. Save beforehand I guess!

Comment

Really enjoying playing this again using the tank controls as feel walking backward is useful. Since not played for a while on my GC amazed how slow pace it feels. Games currently like Evil within are very action packed sometimes too much to the point where calmer Chapters on Evil Within felt weird. Atmosphere of Resident Evil HD is amazing and seems to use lighting so well. Interesting the way some Chapters in Evil Within Mimic this game though I think Mikami should have tried this with even more Chapters in Evil Within to give it more atmophere like the Resident Evil HD Remaster.

Comment

Working...
                X