Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My speed run and no save trophies attained in one playthrough

Comment

My speed run and no save trophies attained in one playthrough this morning

I've now completed Jill, Chris and now a speedrun within the past 24 hours, and 70% trophies completed.

How I've missed you classic Resi

Comment

With the new control scheme it doesn't appear to be possible to back up like you can with the original controls. I like being able to back up and especially the fearful animation when you do it with an enemy right in front of you.

Comment

Yeah I've heard/seen that in the streams I've seen- the new controls look harder to me- camera angle change with a zombie nearly and you have no idea what direction you're facing!

Comment

Oh hi there. Are there any new gameplay mechanics in this or are the controls the same as olde?

Comment

I hate the new controls. You can't walk slowly, of slowly back away from an enemy which can be essential for survival. That and the new controls feel like the floor is an ice rink and really makes the camera angles awful. I've stuck to the classic controls now.

Comment

Just finished my hard mode run through- to my surprise I managed it in only 2hr 50mins so unlocked myself the infinate rocket launcher, and the starsenal trophy. 80% trophies done, invisible enemy,real survival and knife only runs will prove to be the only remaining difficult ones left.

Comment

Did you stream it? I missed it!
                  Pop on now to show the rocket launcher in action!

Comment

I did stream it yeah, but don't think anyone watched haha!!

I'm in bed now, afraid I can't go back on until tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                      I'm in bed now, afraid I can't go back on until tomorrow!!
                      I don't need to see a live stream of that!

Comment

Youve found out the dirty truth behind "Who wanta some wang"!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
                          Yeah I've heard/seen that in the streams I've seen- the new controls look harder to me- camera angle change with a zombie nearly and you have no idea what direction you're facing!
                          Yep. I've lost track the amount of times I've been stuck in a switching direction loop when the camera changes angle. A right pain in the arse at the heat of the moment.

Comment

This is why tank controls are great!!

Really chuffed with myself for my hard mode speed run, now have to do Chris again for the final costume unlock.

Warning though folks- don't do what I did- only use one save file for both Chris and Jill. I used separate save slots in the game for them, and Al the trophies unlock/modes weapons unlock, but I don't have a file where every costume is unlocked now- I have to load each one separately to get at the different costumes.

This of course means I have to go back through Chris another two times on my Jill save file for it all to be unlocked in one place !

Comment

Bummer but your pain has saved many gamers from making the same mistake.

Comment

I was going to go back through it anyway, so I suppose it's not really a bother

Comment

Working...
                                X