The X-Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-Files

Fox TV Group chairman Gary Newman used today’s TCA Winter Tour presentation to announce plans to revive Chris Carter’s classic series “The X-Files”. Newman says they would like to bring back the show’s original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, but that’s not confirmed. No further details were on offer. The series ran from 1993 […]

This will be so far away but the Chairman of Fox TV has said that plans are afoot to revive The X-Files. Nothing is in stone but they'd like to pursuade both Duchovny and Anderson to return to the show. Who knows how it'll pan out of if but the prospect of an actual Season 10 intrigues me considering the 2012 event was never realised so they could pick it up in 2017 and part of the mystery be based on how it all panned out in the end.

I watched the whole lot recently and was a bit bored by the end. Taken individually, episodes were great, but the overall story was really incoherent and confused about how they could reveal bits gradually without making it suddenly reach the end of the story.

Comment

I thought the alien conspiracy/black oil virus ark of the series made for some of the more boring episodes, much preferred the episodes that ignored that stuff. It definitely felt tired by the end of season 9.

Comment

Yeah i agree, I found the one off wierd phenomenon episodes more engrossing than the dragged out longer multiple episodes about the black sticky stuff... although the black oil coming out of Krychek was most disturbing...

Comment

Someone needs to tell them that Fringe happened so we don't need this anymore!

Comment

Hah yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Fringe nailed it.

Comment

Over the weekend came news that FOX had been in discussions to potentially revive its iconic supernatural/sci-fi drama series “The X-Files”. Today, the original show’s male leading man David Duchovny told USA Today that he’s “more than happy and excited to bring it back and do it again with (co-star) Gillian (Anderson) and (series creator) […]

David Duchovny basically says that as long as it's a 24 style limited season, he's up for it

Comment

I hated DD before Californication, now am a fan, not enough to watch a series from the nineties but may catch the new episodes when they land.

Comment

There’s been talk of an “X-Files” TV revival for some time now, and it appears all that discussion is coalescing into something more solid. In January, Fox TV Group chairman Gary Newman revealed that creator Chris Carter was in talks with the network for a new run of the show. On top of that, original […]

By the sounds Fox has close to greenlit the series as a one-off limited run which could be just 6 episodes long

Comment

They need to remaster the series in HD a la StarTrek TNG

Comment

I was thinking this the other day, woulk love to revisit the X-files but I'd like a hd remaster. I assume the demand must be worth the effort?

Comment

I watched the entire series over 12 months in 2010 and have been holding off watching it more recently waiting for a Blu Ray release. There's been rumors about it being done for the past few years but like TNG it would cost a fortune to do and sales would be uncertain. DS9 was suppose to be following TNG but so far sales have been disappointing so it could possibly be canned

There was a German channel that broadcast a few episodes of the first series in a cheapo HD version and even in 16:9

Comment

Buckle up folks, Fox has finally officially confirmed this is happening and will be six episodes in length

Comment

Oh hell yes!!!

Loved watching this when I was growing up. Can't wait to see what they do.

Comment

oooo now it's interesting...

I'd like to see Dogget, Reyes and Skinner return as well. Episode wise maybe they can open and close the series with the mythology episodes but I want at least 4 to be stand alone monster/weird thing of the week stories.

Comment

Working...
                              X