No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason people seem to dislike Stunt Race FX... now admittedly it’s been over 20 years since I last played it, but watching videos it seems just as I recall. I think it chugs along quite nicely and I remember it being great fun for what it was. I enjoyed it more than Starfox, it wasn’t until 64 that my jaw dropped...

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      For some reason people seem to dislike Stunt Race FX... now admittedly it’s been over 20 years since I last played it, but watching videos it seems just as I recall. I think it chugs along quite nicely and I remember it being great fun for what it was. I enjoyed it more than Starfox, it wasn’t until 64 that my jaw dropped...
      Basically stunt Racer FX controls like crap. It wasn't very good back when it was released. Do I own it? Yes. Do I play it? No. I do play Star Fox though.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 27-02-2018, 14:37.

Comment

The framerate's just too low, it makes it difficult to control as Yakumo mentioned.

Good looking game though.

Comment

For the time it had tons of tracks for a 3D racer. I quite like the handling once you get used to the appalling frame rate, you kind of rely upon your imagination to fill in the gaps.

Comment

I enjoyed Stunt Race FX at the time, remembering that it was released before the PlayStation and Ridge Racer changed everything. Wasn't anything like it on a home console.

Ingenous track and character designs, all very Nintendo. Shame that there wasn't a sequel on the Nintendo 64 or GameCube which had the hardware to do justice to the ideas behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              For the time it had tons of tracks for a 3D racer. I quite like the handling once you get used to the appalling frame rate, you kind of rely upon your imagination to fill in the gaps.
              It takes less cart space to define simple polygonal circuits than store a load of sprites and background tiles. It should have loads of tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                It takes less cart space to define simple polygonal circuits than store a load of sprites and background tiles. It should have loads of tracks.
                I don't think anyone took more than three tracks for granted back then, especially not as many as fifteen.

Comment

Loft Raider

I went up the loft to find my N64 and came down with a load of other tat.
                  PlayStation disc wallet.
                  Inside it was:
                  Tomb Raider II
                  Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
                  Kensei: Sacred Fist
                  Doom
                  Shaolin
                  Syndicate Wars
                  Resident Evil
                  Tekken 3
                  Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain
                  Incredible Crisis
                  The Simpsons Wrestling

I'm going to put Shaolin, Wu-Tang and Syndicate Wars on as they were all ace.
                  I can't remember Kensei at all!

Nintendo Power promo flyer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Japanese version on Game Boy.
                  LOVED this boxart and manual as much as the game.

Sega promo cassette. MC Nick & Steve "Do me a favour"

Akira figure (that I got from my trip to Japan) and a Time Boy that came free with Mean Machines, I think

Comment

Konami catalogue.
                    I loved those LCD games and the little carry case for the Game Boy!

Comment

Game Gear promo catalogue

Comment

Game Boy promo catalogue
                        I'm gonna get me a Hip Pouch and a copy of KWIRK!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Loft Raider

I went up the loft to find my N64 and came down with a load of other tat.
                          PlayStation disc wallet.
                          Inside it was:
                          Tomb Raider II
                          Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
                          Kensei: Sacred Fist
                          Doom
                          Shaolin
                          Syndicate Wars
                          Resident Evil
                          Tekken 3
                          Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain
                          Incredible Crisis
                          The Simpsons Wrestling

I'm going to put Shaolin, Wu-Tang and Syndicate Wars on as they were all ace.
                          I can't remember Kensei at all!

Nintendo Power promo flyer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Japanese version on Game Boy.
                          LOVED this boxart and manual as much as the game.

Akira figure (that I got from my trip to Japan) and a Time Boy that came free with Mean Machines, I think
                          Oh man, so much tat. Had that time boy and Sega tape too! I think the Sega tape came with either CG&G or Sega Power? I don't remember.

Comment

Ohhoho, I just checked this out on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWW-vFtNjYY

So bad, I love it

Comment

I quite liked it at the time.
                              It reminded me of "20 Seconds To Comply" by Silver Bullet.

Comment

I quite liked it at the time.
                                It reminded me of "20 Seconds To Comply" by Silver Bullet.
                                It was class, did you also have the Do me a Favour and Plug me into a SEGA t-shirt and Jumper? I still have mine lol

Comment

Working...
                                X