Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
    Briareos - how long is the main game?
    It was meant to be a 'budget' title, which I'm guessing is because of length as opposed to quality but I'm not sure when ?35 constituted budget.
    Exactly, didn't realise it was so short at six hours to 100% roughly, I expect to (and will) get far more time from the ?16 DLC for Forza Horizon 2 I bought last week.
    Sounds like it should have been a ?19.99 release, be a shame if it doesn't sell well due to the price/shortness.

Comment

Was it New Luigi Bros that was released rrp'd at ?25? That would have been a decent price point to set. It's genuinely great but could also have easily been sold as a dlc expansion for 3D World. Does make me want that game again too.

Comment

Yes Luigi was a "cheap" release you're right, was ?18.99 at Amazon and the like so priced just right really.

I re-bought Mario 3D on the 3DS the other month so you're not alone with sellers regret.

Comment

Finished this now, cracking throughout really. It does leave a proper desire to play 3D World again though, the whole game is like a tasty After Eight mint for when you've finished your main meal.

Comment

Just breezed through the first four levels of Captain Toad.

No doubting the quality polish of the game in terms of the sound and graphics, but the GamePad control is quite twitchy imo - takes sometime to get used to it and even then it's a bit too responsive for my tastes. The game could really benefit with tighter control options.

Comment

Absolutely love this, even the wife likes having a go.

Is there any bonus to fully completing the levels? Other than using the diamonds to unlock

3D world levels

? Wifey likes getting all the diamonds, but never bothers with the extra objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss View Post
                Absolutely love this, even the wife likes having a go.

Is there any bonus to fully completing the levels? Other than using the diamonds to unlock

3D world levels

? Wifey likes getting all the diamonds, but never bothers with the extra objective.
                The Super Gems only unlock further levels in the main game. It's

3D World save data on your Wii U that unlocks 3D World levels in Captain Toad.

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 29-12-2014, 14:13.

Comment

Ah must have missed that when the wife was playing.

Comment

Bit of fun this, but I'm limiting it to 4-6 levels per day so I don't get bored with it or finish it too quickly. I can't say if I'll keep it or not once complete...

Playing the SM3DW levels takes AAAAAAAGES!

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Bit of fun this, but I'm limiting it to 4-6 levels per day so I don't get bored with it or finish it too quickly. I can't say if I'll keep it or not once complete...

Playing the SM3DW levels takes AAAAAAAGES!
                      I can see where you're coming from.

I started it on Boxing Day but I've kinda blazed through it - finished Episode 2 of the main game yesterday with just the final third Episode left. I'm thinking that I might look to sell it off for as cheap as I got it once I'm totally done with it as I don't see any real incentive to revisit it once its fully complete.

This is obviously because Captain Toad can't use the SM3DW power-ups and/or jump, no?

Comment

Yes, exactly that. I wonder why they made the bonus so damn boring!

Comment

Can this be played on the pad (TV off)? Much as I like Pikmin, it's my least-played game so far because it needs the TV, so it isn't getting much of a look in compared to 3D World, Kart and Luigi.

Comment

Originally posted by tomato View Post
                            Can this be played on the pad (TV off)? Much as I like Pikmin, it's my least-played game so far because it needs the TV, so it isn't getting much of a look in compared to 3D World, Kart and Luigi.
                            Yes you can.

Personally, I find I need the TV on for it as the nature of the puzzles demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                              Yes you can.

Personally, I find I need the TV on for it as the nature of the puzzles demand it.

Good - will probably pick this up soon.

Comment

Just finished this a short time ago. The last few bonus challenges in the final episode of the main game get a bit tricky, but nothing majorly taxing overall.

In all honesty, can't say I enjoy traversing the bonus SM3DW levels as Captain Toad when he can't jump, climb trees or use power-ups beyond a Super Mushroom. Might as well crack open my actual copy of SM3DW...

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-01-2015, 15:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X