Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris review

I pre-ordered (Sunday!) the disk version of this from Amazon. What you get is a fairly large box contianing the game (surprise, surprise...). You get a smallish (3"/75mm) Lara Croft Anime style figure, a hardcover book with some Artwork and a map (rolled up tightly). There is a code to register the game and also a Season Pass. Being a pre-order I also got a piece of bonus DLC (Deux Ex pack).

I am playing on PS4. The game has the look of Tomb Raider games of old. Being next (current I suppose) it does look rather good. It has the third person isometric (?) view. I've only tried the single player, so Lara set off alone, with the Staff of Osiris and her dual wield pistols.

I later found the SMG. You get destroyable containers for extra goodies with special items to pick up along the way. The staff is used to destroy some of the things you find along the way. The gun(s) kill enemies and destroy those containers. You can roll to (hopefully) avoid projectiles. You get bombs which can be used to destroy the projectile devices.

There are rings in places that you can use to grapple up some of the ledges. There are alsp symbols you can activate which allow you to reach other platforms. All fairly straightforward stuff (so far anyway). The touchpad activates the Inventory.

You restart from close to where you die (I've managed that a few times so far).

All in all a fun little distraction. I have no idea how long the game is. Being only ?24.99 (from Amazon) I guess it is not gigantic.

I've not tried the co-op side of the game but I expect it could make life easier at times when you have a horde of enemies attacking.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

If it's anywhere near as good as Guardian of light I'll be having it, didn't realise it was out yet.

Comment

My preload popped on last night and played a few levels with my co-op chum, seemed like more of the same.

Which is perfect as the first was such an amazing co-op game.

Comment

Is the ps4 version on disc or a download code like Child of Light was?

Comment

Download only, even the retail copies

Comment

My retail box was a disk version. Had a small update when I loaded it up.

Comment

Where did you get your retail copy from?

Edit- you said Amazon- ignore me.

Comment

Thought there was a disc version, tried this last night, seems decent enough, a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 as all the reviews are saying really.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  If it's anywhere near as good as Guardian of light I'll be having it, didn't realise it was out yet.
                  I have played it for about an hour on co-op and it feels a lot like Guardians of Light (which I enjoyed).

Great fun in co-op so far.

Comment

Amazon decided to use Royal Mail to send my copy instead of their own crew...unsurprisingly its not arrived.

Good to hear it is actually a disk in the box and is good fun!!

Comment

Hoping this will have arrived when I get home tomorrow. Any further single player impressions?

Comment

Had a good play of this now...single player only so far.

Been a while since I played the first game but this one seems way easier...other than one part with a poison obstacle, there has been nothing to work out puzzle wise. Its all very obvious what to do. Even the collectables have been mostly simple to collect. Boss fights have been too easy also.

So at the moment...very disappointing.

Comment

Too much rolling/standing on round things (balls/bombs/boulders) and no challenge at all. It is insultingly easy all the way through.

Biggest disappointment of the year for me.

Comment

Played through in two player now...lots more fun.
                            But still very little challenge.
                            Hopefully whatever is in the season pass is much tougher.

Comment

I've not touched it for a while so I have not got far into it yet (too many games to choose from currently). I suppose I ought to try the co-op mode at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X