Fedex International Priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fedex International Priority

Hey! I have a question for people in this forum since I can't figure this one out about international shipping.
    I ordered some items from Japan with Fedex International Priority, which got sent out on Thursday afternoon, Japanese time.
    They say 2 business days for delivery but since it started transit on Thursday, the estimate says Monday, Dec. 8th.
    But the Package is coming to the USA, does this mean it will arrive on Friday since they are 1/2 day ahead of the US in hours?
    I'm bummed since I paid for the more expensive shipping and now I may have to wait the same amount as EMS.
    I hope someone here can help me out, I did call Fedex but they just said they don't know anything beyond the estimate showing on the tracking info.

2-3 working days from Japan to Europe is the usual amount it takes. I don't think it'll get to you as late as the 12th, packages travel even during weekends and they get as far as the delivery depot, once there they are delivered on working days.

Comment

does fedex update frecuently? I remember ups or usps suddenly updating to delivered but never showing the transit in between

Comment

The time difference doesn't affect transit time. Thursday afternoon is the worst, but you are as good as guaranteed Monday arrival.
        You WILL be paying taxes/admin when it arrives though, so be prepared. UPS and FedEx will always see you pay, EMS through the postal system is pot luck but mostly avoids extra fees.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          The time difference doesn't affect transit time. Thursday afternoon is the worst, but you are as good as guaranteed Monday arrival.
          You WILL be paying taxes/admin when it arrives though, so be prepared. UPS and FedEx will always see you pay, EMS through the postal system is pot luck but mostly avoids extra fees.
          I guess you have to pay taxes in Europe, I'm in the US right now and never have had to pay any taxes.
          I feel kind of cheated since I asked if my package would arrive on Friday and they were like -yes, we are sending it in today (wednesday)- but they only made the shipping label and waited till Thursday to ship it out...

Comment

It was the complete opposite with two orders I had from Play-Asia recently. I got charged ?33 for an EMS parcel containing two games and yet when Fedex sent my New 3DS I had it delivered to my door and I didn't get charged a bean. I find EMS the worst method of shipping as it usually gets caught by customs and it's more expensive for the inconvenience. I think it's just the luck of the draw most of the time. Best case for avoiding tax? Bog standard Airmail

Comment

When I was getting stuff from Lik-sang (remember those days?) I had to pay tax whichever way stuff was sent. Robotech DVDs from the US via airmail stung me as well, to almost 50% of the total order!

Originally posted by zuvi View Post
              I guess you have to pay taxes in Europe, I'm in the US right now and never have had to pay any taxes.
              I feel kind of cheated since I asked if my package would arrive on Friday and they were like -yes, we are sending it in today (wednesday)- but they only made the shipping label and waited till Thursday to ship it out...
              I live in Canada, I should have mentioned that.

Comment

When I was getting stuff from Lik-sang (remember those days?) I had to pay tax whichever way stuff was sent. Robotech DVDs from the US via airmail stung me as well, to almost 50% of the total order!

I live in Canada, I should have mentioned that.
                Ooh I didn't know Canada taxed so much
                I actually live in Mexico but I have a pobox in the US so I just pick them up there. The thing is though, since I plan my pick ups for weekends if it gets there on Monday I will miss the package and it'll sit there for a looong time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
                  It was the complete opposite with two orders I had from Play-Asia recently. I got charged ?33 for an EMS parcel containing two games and yet when Fedex sent my New 3DS I had it delivered to my door and I didn't get charged a bean. I find EMS the worst method of shipping as it usually gets caught by customs and it's more expensive for the inconvenience. I think it's just the luck of the draw most of the time. Best case for avoiding tax? Bog standard Airmail
                  It really depends on the declared value and sometimes the declared contents. And of course the exemption on imported goods a country has. For example, with Nin Nin I've never paid any custom costs because they declare below the exemption, but AmiAmi declares the correct value, so always paid their packages (if above exemption).

Comment

And welcome to Bordersdown

Comment

Originally posted by zuvi View Post
                      Ooh I didn't know Canada taxed so much
                      That was when I was in the UK actually. When I posted stuff from Japan to Canada (while moving here) they only seemed to tax books and consoles, which was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                        It really depends on the declared value and sometimes the declared contents. And of course the exemption on imported goods a country has. For example, with Nin Nin I've never paid any custom costs because they declare below the exemption, but AmiAmi declares the correct value, so always paid their packages (if above exemption).
                        I hear ya. I used to buy brand new Cave kits from Legend and they always marked the parcels down (often ludicrously so) so I never got stung on tax. Luckily the parcels never went missing otherwise I'd only be insured for a couple of bucks! Play-Asia declares the correct value for their items so it was unusual that my New 3DS didn't get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          And welcome to Bordersdown
                          haha thanks, I've posted before but I just lurk for most of the time, I will post some import stuff later on

Comment

Just an update, I got my package today in the morning

Comment

Working...
                            X