No announcement yet.

Sony PlayStation - 20th Anniversary of Japanese Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling them through GAME? I'm not even going to bother in that case.

As if we couldn't see it coming.

Comment

Lame.

For someone like myself who has never been on Twitter or any of the other social networks could you still actually see the 'tweets' (is that right?) or do you have to be a member?

Comment

Only Sony could make a complete and utter cluster-feck of something as culturally significant as PlayStation hardware's 20th anniversary.

Comment

Jesus, why all this jumping through hoops. I thought it'd be the same as it was in the US.

complete nonsense. Guess I'm not getting one...

Comment

Jumping through hoops is right.

Split the remaining UK allocation. Sell half online via GAME and the other half online via Sony. 1 per customer/credit card/whatever. FCFS.

How is any of that hard?

Comment

Oh Sony, really.

Comment

What's the hard drive size on these things?

If I entered this and won a slot, would anyone here be interested in buying it?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  What's the hard drive size on these things?

If I entered this and won a slot, would anyone here be interested in buying it?
                  Standard 500GB

I certainly would sir! Provided you wouldn't be looking for the silly monies!

Comment

I'll have a pop if I get a chance.
                    I don't mean I'd sell it, just pass the link on if I got through. Blueroom member would get priority.

All theoretical, really. Everybody's chances are pretty slim!

Comment

Considering Shozuki isn't permitted to buy or sell here, I think that would be a good choice QC.

Comment

That's a good point, fair enough.

Comment

I will give you a ham shandy QC.

Comment

I have bittersweet memories of the PS1 era. The sweet memories are of playing all the great Namco games - such as the Ridge Racer series, Tekken series and Soul Edge. The bitter is how corporate gaming became - and all the high production value, but essentially crap games that started to dominate. Sony and lots of Western game developers started to make games with a Hollywood movie approach to design, and most of them felt boring and annoying in many ways. Of course, I know that lots of people bought them and maybe truly enjoyed what they delivered, but I preferred the more straight forward design and gameplay of 16-bit era games.

As someone who loved the 16-bit days and arcade gaming, I also disliked the move towards games like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo and Silent Hill etc... Those games were like something you'd find on a PC, but they became staple hits of the 32-bit era. I realised that, despite there still being arcade-style games available, that Sony with its 32-bit console had changed gaming forever. In a way, the PS1 was the console that brought about a new vibe and direction in the gaming world - and that gradually grew... to the point where I lost most of my passion for gaming. I can't stand most games from the 32-bit era to the current generation.

So, the PS1 was a special console for many reasons, but it's not a console I'm fond of. It brought about a significant new direction for gaming - and that change didn't appeal to me. It did appeal to a large majority of people, though, so it's just my bad luck that I didn't gel with the new vibe on the gaming scene.
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 16-12-2014, 00:47.

Comment

I didn't bother with this in the end because:

1. I had the day off and better things to do than hit F5 like Pavlov's Dog.

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                              I will give you a ham shandy QC.
                              2. Forum rules state you're not allowed to sell something unless it's *cough* in hand...

Comment

I think games like you mentioned Leon would not have been made if not FOR the PS1. Certainly nothing on the level of MGS1 would ever have made it to PC first.

Comment

Working...
                                X