• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it.

Comment

Lol yeah, gotta get one!

Comment

Anyone know what sort of launch Japanese PlayStation this might have been...About 2-3 days after launch a music store that I account managed got one in and I borrowed it for the weekend. It was a really nice pinky/light purple colour and I don't remember seeing that shade again. Anyone?

Comment

Doesn't ring a bell. PlayStation are available in Black, Green, Blue, Midnight Blue, White and Grey.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            I find it extraordinary that anyone into gaming never had a PlayStation. Each to their own though.
            At the time I stuck with Nintendo with an imported N64 and a PC. It was the early days of 3D acceleration and I was using a Matrox M3D for the original Tomb Raider and Resi. It was pretty good at the time.
            I still don't think I missed out on anything I wanted.

Comment

Medievil is one of the finest games ever! I originally played it on a demo, then rented the game from a rental store,
              100%'d the game, a long time before I had internet. Sublime adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                Anyone know what sort of launch Japanese PlayStation this might have been...About 2-3 days after launch a music store that I account managed got one in and I borrowed it for the weekend. It was a really nice pinky/light purple colour and I don't remember seeing that shade again. Anyone?
                Hmm, any of these?

I've seen all sorts of promotional units, test units and such in different colours. Personally I always wanted a Yaroze.

Weirdly, I've definitely seen the top-middle one in-the-flesh. I can picture it in my head. Thing is, I have no idea where I was or what I was doing.

Comment

Top left is an Asian Video CD model, SCPH-5903. Green is a later debug. Black is a Net Yaroze. Grey is obvious. Blue is earlier debug. Midnight Blue is the 10 million sale limited console.

Interestingly, there was an even later debug produced that had a green shell but what appears to be memory card/controller ports from a Net Yaroze. Probably just making use of left over parts.

Comment

A local store here will open preorders for the 20th anniversary console and hold a raffle for the 31 units they'll receive. I'll certainly put my order up and see what happens. I feel like it's winning money if I buy one. Putting it on eBay later, I feel like I'll get a profit. But I'll definitely get one for playing. Would it be worth it...?

Comment

Where did you find out the pre order details? I can't seem to find out any info.

Comment

No info has been released regarding how to buy in the UK yet Jamie unfortunately. It seems to be left up to each country how they choose to distribute them. So far the US systems were all sold online yesterday, the French units will be sold at a Paris boutique on the 19th Dec, the Spanish ones will be available by charity auction only, and the Australian ones will only be available via a Facebook competition.

Hopefully the UK ones will be more accessible than in some territories where you need to win a competition or what have you.

Danholo, seems like they've devolved distribution to local stores in Finland? That's interesting.

Comment

Yeah just saw it on the PS Euro blog, the general consensus is to watch Playstation UK Twitter feed for info.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                            I actually hadn't heard of this before, but it appears to be true.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/tale-...s-sega/0118482
                            Thanks for linking to that article, it was a fascinating read. I didn't know Sony approached Sega after Nintendo either.

It's funny how far-reaching some of the decisions made at the time have been. Sega president Nakayama saying "No" to the Sega/Sony console, despite the American team making so much progress.

Sega turning down the Silicon Graphics chipset that then ended up in the N64.

Our preferences for different console manufacturers and their products run deeper than the surface reasons, whether we know it or not. Maybe we see Nintendo as this quirky little Japanese company, Microsoft as an American giant and Sony as a gaming behemoth, but they all had to start somewhere and Sony's first console definitely turned the industry on its head and started making video games more attractive to new audiences.

I don't know why you're all flipping your lids for the anniversary PS4, it's so... grey.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              I don't know why you're all flipping your lids for the anniversary PS4, it's so... grey.

Comment

It's just not for me.

I'm not going to be on my deathbed, looking back upon my life and sigh contentedly: "Ah, at least I had limited edition console 8262 of 12300."

Comment

Working...
                                X