Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Far Cry 4 PS4/XBOX ONE review

Well what a grand two days,GTA V yesterday and now Far Cry 4 for the PS4
    Far Cry 4 looks sublime with a rock steady 30fps framerate.Detail is excellent as is the lighting and textures.The wildlife look great and the sound effects are suoerb.The explosions look meaty and smoke effects are great.It seems to play great from the off with the ps4 DualShock.The touch pad is used once again to its advantages.
    Starting the game gives you a choice of co-op online or single player offline.The game comes with code keys so you can invite a total of 10 friends who can play co-op with you without owning the game
    After the Assassins Creed Unity farce,Ubisoft bounce back with a solid next gen shooter
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Beware the 600mb day one patch PS4 crew.

*twiddles thumbs*

Thankfully you can pause downloads now as it wanted to do a 2gig (!!!) Update to Destiny first...

Comment

Have a copy waiting for me at home (ps4) - looking forward to this; loved the third

Comment

Gave it a very quick go this morning, got it on PC. Running with everything on Ultra settings it feels locked at 30fps, not sure if that's the case but ran flawlessly, looks lovely and still has that FC3 feel to it. Looking forward to doing more.

Comment

Yes I'm well impressed with the PS4 version so can imagine it on a high end pc

Comment

Went PS4 on this (a situation that I think may be prevalent on the PS4/Xbox One due to power issues).

The game does look superb.

I really enjoyed the Prologue sneaking up to that tower. Wondered what to do about that settlement about two thirds of the way. Some Bait pretty much sorted that. I did get attacked by the Snow Leopard though. I must check to see if my pre-order DLC is ready. That will make three Codes to redeem for the game with the two in the game box.

One minor aggravation was that I was doing the first main mission and wanted to check out a flashing item that I could see, but as I approached it the game said I would fail the mission I was on. Not really acceptable in a "free roam" game.

Tried a Quad bike to travel faster and decided that being on foot was a lot easier. I may have to check out the control layout to see what options I have as I was having serious difficulties.

Comment

Yeah...after failing that timed mission 3 times due to quad bike fails I just ran and did it easy!

Stealth is a lot less forgiving so far than 3 was...assassination missions are much tougher. Also...the wildlife seem even more aggressive...been killed by everything from fish to eagles so far

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD
                Starting the game gives you a choice of co-op online or single player offline.The game comes with code keys so you can invite a total of 10 friends who can play co-op with you without owning the game
                I just wanted to quote this, as it's the first example of something this gen that is in the consumer's favour.

Excellent work.

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
                Yeah...been killed by everything from fish to eagles so far
                I just wanted to quote this to emphasise The Baron has been killed by a fish!

Excellent work.

Comment

It was a big fish. Massive.

Comment

I had the frustration of not being allowed to leave the initial area (I like to explore) and I wanted to unlock the second bell tower. I bought a Sniper Rifle as it at least meant i wan't maxxed out on money. It cerainly made numting easier, I now have the Wolf mission to complete, so not very far advanced (still playing Borderlands the Pre-Sequel among others).

Comment

I swapped over to the "Classic" control layout for vehicles which worked a lot better. I now find vehicles very useful for getting around.

I've mostly been hunting to upgrade my capacities. Finding the Bharals (goats by the look of them). The first area where they are supposed to be seems tio only have Sawbars. They appear to be found just over into the second area which unlocks at a certain point early in the game. Fortunately there appeared to be Pigs in the same area. I presume there is now access to the rest of the map to unlock Bell Towers... must try!

Rhinos proved a little sparse in the first area but were more plentiful "over the border". There were three of them close together (all I needed for the wallet upgrade... 4 Rhino Skins - must be a big wallet). I'd already got one and was nearly trampled/horned to death in the process. Not wanting to try the same trick with three of them close I fortunaely saw a conveniently parked pick up with gun turret so had no problems.

Now at almost 7 hours and about 8% complete. I'll go to the Kyrat Fashion Week next to get some more animals for upgrade materials.

Comment

Hmm...so crafting your own bespoke leather accessories is again part of the progress system. Made me laugh did that in Far Cry 3. One minute spoilt rich kid never worked a day in his life, next was expertly stitching handbags from scratch.
                        Last edited by Golgo; 21-11-2014, 19:36.

Comment

Not sure he is a spoilt rich kid this time around.

One word of warning. Watch out for Crocodiles! Surprisingly their hide is not used for crafting,

Comment

Game states it needs 4 cores and actually needs 4 cores shocker!

Comment

Working...
                            X