No announcement yet.

GTA V PS4/XBOX ONE review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played this today and its just feels very VERY polished. Never been a massive GTA fan but this remastered version is easily the best one so far. The annoying combat has been resolved with the auto aim and first person. Cover is still a little clumsy but not unforgivably so. The 3 x character swapping, different plot strands plus the typical GTA zany side cast, long draw distances, beautiful filters and incredible off mission distractions, plus best soundtrack consisting of classic and custom made tunes. . . . . It s worth buying the latest gen console for IMHO. I never felt like the PS4 was breaking a sweat which makes me eager to learn more about the gta6.

Comment

Are there more music tracks in this new release? last night I came across Belinda Caralie's Circle in the Sand and a mix of Simply Red's A new Flame (think it was that). Pretty sure they weren't in the original.

I did notice that the same bug is still present. When you do the first mission with Trevor in the chopper. Micheal speaks as does Trevor but no sound comes from their mouth. Franks bike also has no sound effect. It was like this on the 360 too.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 25-11-2014, 14:17.

Comment

Yeah there are "162 additional songs and new content"

From radio stations to ambient music. Grand Theft Auto V knows how to set the mood.

Comment

I thought so. Man, that's a lot of extra tracks. Some good stuff too for an old Fart like me

Comment

Did anyone notice the 2nd massive update to this game today? another 1.1GB update. The download was fast but man, these updates are BIG! I wnder what was changed? Higher resolution textures would be nice for some areas but I doubt it was anything like that.

EDIT: Never mind, just read it was to improve "Additional fixes for GTA Online to improve stability and other minor fixes."
            Last edited by Yakumo; 27-11-2014, 11:22.

Comment

If you're upgrading do we know how much you need to have played, or is it enough just to have started it to get the extra bits?

Comment

Don't upgrade. Start from the beginning. It's finished the 360 version the started the Xbox One version from scratch and having a great time.

Comment

I don't own it but I'd like the extras that come from upgrading when the PS4 version is a price I'm willing to pay.

Comment

What are the extras?

I'll be starting from scratch with the ps4 version.

Just wondering if there is anything I'll miss from not playing it previously.

Comment

Ever since we announced Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation 4, some of you have been asking if there will be anything extra for those PS3 and Xbox 360 players who are planning on picking up the new versions.

Comment

It looks bloody good at night but finding the darker shadow areas at day time to look washed out like with a dark blueish tone. I didn't notice it before but do now. I'm on the Xbox One version.

Fantastically consistent frame rate though. A first on a GTA game.

Comment

I think that may be your TV. Not noticed that myself.

Comment

It's same on both my TVs, maybe I'll check if RGB range is enabled on my Xbox.

There's a few people complaining online that the Xbox One version has this horrible haze in day time.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. Xb1 ports tend to suffer in ways not evident on ps4. Can't fault the PS4 version looks wise

Comment

someone knows how to watch camera pictures from the gallery in fullscreen mode? i am playing on Xbox One. by the way, the smartphone iFruit app doesn't seem to work for me as it shows zero pics. is this a bug?

Comment

Working...
                                X