No announcement yet.

GTA V PS4/XBOX ONE review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went Xbox One on this. Fortunately went disk so just had the 1.1Gb download and a long install. I think I started Far Cry 4 on the PS4 while it was installing.

Don't you love these huge installs on PS4 and Xbox One. GTA V is supposedly a maximum of 45Gb install. What is the best external hard disk to use with the One to give me some more space? If it used the full 45Gb I'm probably down to about 150Gb free.

I was doing the intro mission and was surprised to see the cat when approaching those two cars to "borrow". I saw one later which was identical so I suspect there may not be much variation in them. The game does look good though I can't remember how good it looked on the 360. I'm guessing the image is certainly sharper;

Not sure of the car handling (I don't remember it being that twitchy on the 360 though It is a while since I played it).

Somehow I managed to get RogsR33UK Online save when I tried the game transfer. I had progressed much further on RogsR34UK (my gamertag) which was annoying. I deleted everything on the save to see if there was a way to get to RogsR34Uk to no avail. I believe there were issues with transferring old saves so I hope i can get the online save I want. I held off on the money DLC fortunately.
    Last edited by Bassman; 19-11-2014, 02:30.

Comment

It was finished this morning, so my "First play" will hopefully be more about the game tonight! But for digital buyers.... consider yourselves well warned!

Comment

I can see why they've done it (because of the Xbox One not having a screenshot function yet) but I'm disappointed that you can't really use Snapmatic with just the PS4 share button to take the photos.

That said, messing around with the camera is a lot of fun.

Comment

I don't know what I was expecting but was slightly disappointed by the graphics when I loaded it last night. That was a mistake. Ended up going to bed past 1 so knackered today!

Also, I didn't know there were 4 viewpoints so was getting frustrated trying to get it in first person on the prologue mission!

Comment

I don't mind fps view, its a bit clunky but offers a different experience. Sucks for driving though, I can't see an option to have the view automatically switch between third and first for on foot and driving so sticking with just third person.

Comment

Does anyone else have impressions of first person view? How is it for the heists? I'm very intrigued by this addition.

Comment

Sticking third person. Found the first person mode a bit clunky. Turning goes from slow to quick so you're constantly over correcting your view.

Forgotten how much I dislike the opening section with Franklin and Lamarr. I know it's setting up his side of things but the constant language and use of the 'N' word really grated on me when I played this on PS3.

Good thing I know what comes after otherwise I'd stop playing.

Comment

I find first person a very interesting experience. I changed the controls to 1.) FPS Style (Basically COD) 2.) Greatly increased sensitivity 3.) Third Person when in cover (R6 vegas style) and 4.) Removed auto aim.

It's interesting as the game isn't really made for this view. It feels almost like a Resident Evil in First person mode. I like it, especially on motorbikes, but I can't decide if I will play the whole game like this. It feels just a bit sluggish and a bit odd. For messing around it's perfect, but I can't see me managing the most challenging missions in first person mode.

Visually the game is incredible. The detail, lighting and scale of the world are really special.

None of my photos have uploaded to social club. Shoddy PSN strikes again.... lets hope the saves don't corrupt too.
                  Last edited by capcom_suicide; 20-11-2014, 07:04.

Comment

Admit it. Which of you filthy animals booted up, switched to FPV then went straight to a hooker?!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      Sticking third person. Found the first person mode a bit clunky. Turning goes from slow to quick so you're constantly over correcting your view.

Forgotten how much I dislike the opening section with Franklin and Lamarr. I know it's setting up his side of things but the constant language and use of the 'N' word really grated on me when I played this on PS3.

I like that part. Pretty funny and no different to the glut of movies like it. The opening section in the snow however, ugh. Highlights how utterly terrible the controls were.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Admit it. Which of you filthy animals booted up, switched to FPV then went straight to a hooker?!
                        :D I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe mine will arrive tomorrow so I'll try it out for you

Comment

One thing to consider, is that for me at least, there is something a bit "Odd" with the violence of the game when in FPS mode. It looses it's detached "Cartoon" feeling and moves over to a more "Horror" feeling. I didn't like that at all. I think I need to be more detached from the character in this type of game, rather than "In their shoes." The slight control lag makes it even worse. Nut jobs will have a field day.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                            I didn't like that at all. I think I need to be more detached from the character in this type of game, rather than "In their shoes."
                            Interesting point. I wouldn't want to identify any closer with the awful narcissists Rockstar always use for their leads, either.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

I thought that part was funny - certainly not a reason to stop playing the game! They're meant to be thugs from inner city LA, it seems probably that they might drop the odd swear :P

Comment

Just when I thought this game could not get any better and then I play the ps4 version. What a sheer work of pure genius with such passion placed from start to finish. This is how all games should make me feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X