No announcement yet.

Talk to me about the new(er) dreamcast shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikaruga will always have it's mantle, great game idea and design etc. Also loved Psyvariar 2, both are what ten years old now I expect.

I enjoyed Trizeal on the DC about seven years back(?) seems nobody else thought it was any good though.

Comment

I'm assuming you mean the non japanese newer dc games, like fast striker, neo xyx eyc - older stuff like zero gunner 2 is superb

Comment

Gunlord is good, but not quite as good as the original.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbearboy View Post
          Just buy the most expensive one you can afford and then sell it on after playing to fund the next one. You could probably play them all and not be out of pocket at the end of it if you sold them all again. Or get them jolly roger style.

Under Defeat is probably my favourite. Psyvariar 2 is also great. I hope you don't have the pal shiki 2 - a horrible, horrible port. The DC version looks lovely over VGA, as do the other two mentioned above.
          I had been looking & I think you are onto something for the funding & I've been looking at prices & ZG2 seems to be going cheaper than Strum at the moment which is weird so ZG might be the first I grab.

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          I think for sheer concept alone Ikaruga is my favourite. Not traditional enough to satisfy the shooter itch of many I assume.

Guess that doesn't fall under "newer" ones though.
          Lol I have Ikaruga on XBL so that has me covered there.
          I enjoy it but I suck at the mechanic & never get the switch quite right on the later levels

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          I'm assuming you mean the non japanese newer dc games, like fast striker, neo xyx eyc - older stuff like zero gunner 2 is superb
          Yep those were the one's
          Some seemed ok but nothing looked amazing so thought I'd ask before I pumped the cash

Thanks for the info on Rainbow Cotton as well S3M but that always seemed a bit weird to me.
          I love Cotton & Boomerang but Rainbow just seemed to be a change in the wrong direction for me, more like Cotton Harrier than a true Cotton game

Neil

Comment

Working...
          X