Retro Mods Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Mods Ltd

There are some fantastic custom painted SNES' available from this guy. He also offers PAL/NTSC and 50/60hz switches.

I'm definitely gonna bite but just can't decide on which colour to go for;-)

Uuuurgh. I'll take a nice original and mint SFC any day over those.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

I like them. Don't be so boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Uuuurgh. I'll take a nice original and mint SFC any day over those.
          Yeah, I wouldn't let this guy near my mint Super Famicom .

On the other hand, I think he does a good job, and if I had a really yellowed console, I might have him do a custom paint job. The black & silver is cool.

My Super Famicom is kept in a safe place; I use an American machine for my gaming.

Comment

Comment

If they actually had proper paint jobs where the original text was put back on they might look better, the grey in the logo plastic is still the same colour too which makes it look naff.

Comment

Tell him I'd have been more interested if he gets an actual website - not something on Facebook. Even an eBay shop is better.

Comment

Aside from the paint jobs, which aren't to my taste, but to each their own (although they're better than a yellowed console), I don't understand why people mod or buy modded PAL SNES or Super Famicoms with widened cartridge slots. Just get a US SNES or SNES Mini.

Also, there's no excuse for external switches on a SNES anymore, other than it being cheap and easy for the modder to fit. The SuperCIC has been around for a good few years.

Comment

Sigh. Another mediocre modder destroying irreplaceable systems.

Comment

If the original units were in a bad shape then he's restored them. I doubt any of those are mint under the paint. I quite like them. Obviously a nice clean original is better.

Comment

I admit I did this myself recently to an awful condition Core Grafx II, but I ended up having to buy another system as I couldn't stand looking at a non original system. The painted one is now at the back of a cupboard. I actually want to pick up an awful condition SFC to try restoring it to it's former original glory.

Comment

i've got a badly yellowed SFC you could try for me?? lol....

i bought one from him a few years back, the paint job was very good, evenly coated, couldn't fault it really.

i like modded/painted consoles, but they have their place. like most of you's i prefer an original minty console.

Comment

Doesn't even have to be minty to me. I have a Saturn and PlayStation that are slightly off colour alongside better condition of the same model but it doesn't really irk me unless it is really bad. Even the odd mark or dent are fine.

Comment

With these 3d printers perhaps we can print new cases for yellowed consoles.

Comment

Working...
                              X