Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
    Did anyone else go for the 1/3 Scorpion from Pop Culture Shock? All 250 sold out in 8 minutes!

Got my order in, paid in full!
    1/3???
    Jebus I'm going to struggle with 1/4 lol
    He looks impressive though & I can't wait to see your pics when he's here.

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Giving Valkyria Chronicles some love.

And giving WWII Nazi sthealth jets some love as well.

Gotta love Volks too.
    Those look lush, look forward to your completed pics.
    Do you do many aircraft kits?
    I haven't touched any since I was a kid but I was browsing in a craft shop the other day & they had some cracking looking stuff on the shelf

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Do you do many aircraft kits?
      I haven't touched any since I was a kid but I was browsing in a craft shop the other day & they had some cracking looking stuff on the shelf
      I don't do many myself now either. My first model was a Leopard 2, and then moved to aircrafts, never to look back to the ground until I started with Gundam kits. I do the random plane here and there, but not as many as before. In the pipeline I have an Eggplane Su-33 from Hasegawa, and a Su-47 from Zvezda, but the Horten will probably take precedence; I wanted to get Volks' other planes in the series (Zero and P-51), but I see enough propeller airplanes at work :P

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        My initial thoughts were "didn't he already have a Scorpion bust?" But this is the whole figure in 1:3...next year you can say it's your child dressing up for Halloween.
        I do have a 1/4 Scorpion too from MK9 lol. Someone did mention to PCS how about some 1/2 scale statues and Jerry the owner basically said they look weird like children dressed up

Basically gonna have a wall of Scorpion and Sub Zero at this point lol.

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
        1/3???
        Jebus I'm going to struggle with 1/4 lol
        He looks impressive though & I can't wait to see your pics when he's here.
        He is 1/3 but it's only ( only lol ) 28 inches so the same height as Kier! He's not out for a year lol, that's without PCS's dreaded delays!

Comment

Just got Slattern and i gotta say it's really great.

Size and overall presence is really nice.

Light up is really excellent, though i would have killed for it to go through his entire body.

As for the paints i don't think they are as bad as people have made out, from 2 feet away he looks just awesome.

A little closer and it's again not bad, it's certainly not enought to ruin the statue imo. The worst thing about the paint is the how flat it is, it would have benefited from a coat of clear coat to give it that shine and wet look, and that's exactly what i am gonna do with mine.

Also the hand on the rock, once seen can never be unseen! So i'm gonna paint that aswell, luckily it's a really small area.

I asked 6 people so far to find the "mistake" refering tot he rock/hand and not one of them saw it lol.

Phone pic. Will do proper pics once i do bit of painting on him

Comment

New head/hair or whatever they have done is awesome. Suspect its gonna be an switch out head for the EX.

Up for Order next Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoDragoN View Post
              New head/hair or whatever they have done is awesome. Suspect its gonna be an switch out head for the EX.

Up for Order next Thursday.
              LUSH!!!!!!

Seems like lately COH has gone from being Change of Head (as with the Harley/Joker/Batman PFS) to Change of Hair lol

Reckon I'll be down for her.
              I wasn't particularly sold to begin with but she has really grown on me over the months since the SDCC reveal

Neil

Comment

Link finally turned up i shall be adding him to the cabinet later, he looks awesome and nicely detailed the windwaker link is my favourite design.

Comment

So my Brothers Christmas pressie arrived yesterday & as usual it's another one to the collection of Figuarts DBZ stuff...

Need to track him down an Android 18
                  I waited too long & my usual Ebay seller (Phoenixofglory) sold out & won't have any more

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    Thanks man

Marketplace seller so no shipping to us without an agent so makes it more expensive I expect

Know of another US seller with her for $58 so about the going rate

Comment

Got link into my cabinet but i can't use the sword or shield till i have slightly widened the holes in the hands as when the sword is pushed through the hole it's so tight it feels like it will snap the handle and once right in it will never come out without breaking. An easy job to widen the holes to make them loose.

He looks wonderful though, enough posing accessories to use when i get in the mood to properly get everything in order in there

Comment

That's gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Got link into my cabinet but i can't use the sword or shield till i have slightly widened the holes in the hands as when the sword is pushed through the hole it's so tight it feels like it will snap the handle and once right in it will never come out without breaking. An easy job to widen the holes to make them loose.

He looks wonderful though, enough posing accessories to use when i get in the mood to properly get everything in order in there
                          So so cool!

Just paid customs charge so mine should be here Monday! Looking forward to it even more now!

Comment

That link is insanely cute lol. I'm still waiting for a really cool Link statue, i'd totally be all over a WW one

So i fixed the rock/hand on my Slattern and i did some work on his patterns and i clear coated him completely!

The hand was a pretty easy fix, it's only 3 small sections and took about 10 mins. I think i did a pretty good job on matching it to the base

The patterns are all over the place because they obviously painted each section, head, arms, tails separately and then when they were stuck together some of the black pattern just stopped at the join line, so i went over connected them up etc.

And i covered him in clear coat, really lifted his overall look and gave that slimey, scaley in water look.

Even happier with him now and he was worth putting the bit of effort into!

Bring on Gypsy and Striker!

No more Rock Hand!

Comment

Nicely done you'd never even know you had done anything if you hadn't mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                              X