Rare Japanese Dreamcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare Japanese Dreamcast

Never seen this before, someone seems to have gotten a bargain though.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Panasonic DMR-T3030 DVD Recorder at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Anyone have anymore info behind it?
    Last edited by tokyochojin; 23-10-2014, 07:42.

That's just a regulation 7 console. Yes, it's kind of rare but quite common in the world of rare Dreamcast consoles. I've had a few go through my hands over the years.

Comment

You're looking at the wrong thing. It's a metal dreamcast that looks like a set-top box.

Silly eBay and its new "here's something that looks like what you were looking for" style.This should hopefully link to the actual auction:

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Panasonic DMR-T3030 DVD Recorder at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Love the "Display is in Japanese so it would be a PAL format." advice. Spot-on!
      Last edited by randombs; 23-10-2014, 05:32.

Comment

Seems that listing has now been removed.

Any other pictures online? Was it a dev kit or something?

Comment

It was a prototype kiosk unit apparently - http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/view...hp?f=2&p=75344

Comment

Sorry, don't know what happened to the link. Which i could find more specific information on exactly how many of these things are out there. Reminds me of the DVD prototype...

Comment

Oh man, just saw what the real auction was. Now that is something very cool and something I wish I had in my collection. Forget all of those Gundam or Bio Hazard DC units. This one is way cooler! Maybe it was used in long distance transportation such as coaches or planes? Seems a bit odd for a demo unit since even the super early days uses some form of the final DC design in demo units.

Comment

That is cool indeed, seller listing it with splitting Dream & Cast probably did himself out of a lot of dollars with that mistake.

Comment

@tokyochojin: It's not your fault, the link was fine. eBay does that with finished auctions. Wtf is up with eBay these days? Auctions seem to vanish so quickly. Maybe you have to sign in to see finished auctions...

@VR46: Don't forget 'Japaneses'!

Comment

'It is in Japaneses so will be PAL'. Yeah this guy didn't know what he had.

I'd love to have that, it looks awesome.

Comment

Looks like a project box with a Sega decal slapped on it.

Would be curious to see how it is inside.

Comment

Working...
                      X