Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KYUKYOKU TIGER Twin Heli?

Hi
    I'm looking to pick up twin cobra/tiger heli on either the PC Engine or MD. I've become a little confused as to whether the same game was released on both consoles but under different names. Or in fact if one of these consoles has the first game and the other the sequel. What I can remember is playing Twin Cobra down the local snooker hall in my youth and thought it was a top game. Can anyone clear up the mystery of Twin Cobra/tiger heli's naming and also advise me on which version is the one to go for?
    Thanks

If you want the closest one to the arcade, the PCE version is the one to go for in my opinion as it's the more faithful version.

Comment

Tiger Heli is the first game in the series; Twin Cobra is the western name of Kyukyoku Tiger; the third game is Twin Hawk (Daisenpuu in Japan), though "series" is used a bit loosely here. Anyway, another vote for the PC Engine version of Twin Cobra.

Comment

So is it the same game on both consoles? Also out of curiosity what do you think it is which makes PCE version more faithful to arcade than the MD?

Comment

The MD version plays slightly differently to both the arcade and PCE versions, it's like there's a different AI involved with the enemies. I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest, but I prefer the original gameplay.

Comment

Cheers for advice guys, I would prefer the version which is more faithful to the arcade so will see if I can pick up pce version at reasonable price, it seems to vary quite a lot on ebay

Comment

I love the artwork for these games.

Comment

I recently got the md version. It's ace.

Comment

I'm going to have to dig this one out. I have The MD version.

Comment

The MD versions wins hands down thanks to the best AI I've ever seen in a shooter.

Comment

Conflicting opinions about best version. I'm tempted to dl both roms to try them out but I've really gone off emulation and don't want to sully the game experience.

Comment

I'd give the MD version the edge on gameplay. The enemy vehicles shoot with an accuracy not normally seen in games of the era. Makes a bit a change and ups the challenge somewhat.

Comment

Played the MD version last night in prep' for the new Retro Core. I have to say I was surprised at how good it was. Can't really compare it to the PC Engine version because I don't have that but it would have to be dam special to be better than the MD game.

Comment

Hi Yakumo, when to expect the next retro core?

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                              Conflicting opinions about best version. I'm tempted to dl both roms to try them out but I've really gone off emulation and don't want to sully the game experience.
                              If you want want a near Arcade perfect version go for the PC Eng game. If you want a very good port of the Arcade game only with the most brilliant AI you'll ever seen in a shooter (AI that somehow seems to know where you want to move too) Go for the Mega Drive version . The AI in the Mega Drive game is amazing
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 22-10-2014, 21:11.

Comment

Working...
                              X