Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC Engine RF Probz - Poor picture, nae sound.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Engine RF Probz - Poor picture, nae sound.

Hi folks, long time no post..

Recently returned from Japan with the original white PC Engine and a uh, modest handful of games...

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Had to buy a coaxial cable to connect it to my TV and have managed to get a duff but acceptable picture quality, but the sound is just a constant hiss. I've researched the issue as best as I can and it seems the original consoles aren't great with Euro TVs.

Does anybody know if I can get some kind of RF signal booster that will solve the issue? Or if there's any other workaround?

I know RGB modding is probably the best way, but I can't find a place that does it and wouldn't trust myself to do it. All the tutorials hurt my jet-lagged brain...

Thanks in advance!

Ah, perfect! Ordered!

I knew RGB was possible through the expansion but would never have thought to search for a custom made cable. Pricey but I'll get my money's worth!

Many thanks man!

Comment

No problem, I have one myself and it's excellent.

Comment

totally off topic, but looked at your photos and noticed your videos, they're brilliant!!

Comment

Good to hear Colin, thanks again. Unanimous praise on their feedback page too.

Cheers Chojin! Heh, I kinda went nuts with Hyperlapse when I was over there. My plan is to edit them all together and make some sort of holiday hyperlapse mash-up.

Comment

Bought one of those cables a while back and couldn't be more pleased with it. The picture is on a par with the hard modded PCE I have that ChaoticJelly did.

Comment

Ah man, terribly excited to play on it! A whole untapped world of shmups, platformers and sidescrollers.

Bayonetta 2's on the way this week and I haven't given it a second thought..........(I have.)

Comment

Working...
              X